Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
Does anyone else see the irony that the Mavs are again 1 defensive center away from being great? It took Cuban nearly 12 years to realize Dirk needs someone better than Eric Dampier to compete. He gets Tyson and they win, only to let him go the next summer...

Gobert is about as elite of a defensive center as it gets. If he can truly be had for pennies on the dollar (and given the going rate for centers now we have reason to believe he can be), the Mavs would be dumb not to do it.

Someone else said it, but I also agree I'd rather pay Gobert 40 mil than THJ+Powell+Bertans 47 mil. Add on Chriss+Frank+Brown+Burke and thats another 10 mil of straight dead cap with players that cannot play in the playoffs (though only 8 mil of it is guaranteed). 

If 7 of the 15 guys in the rotation can't play in the playoffs without significant drawbacks then there's something wrong with the roster.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by SleepingHero - 05-04-2022, 06:44 AM