Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-03-2022, 12:29 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Those regular season numbers mean very little. He's pretty much just limited to dunks and putbacks and he plays on a team with great spacing. Some of what we were able to get away with guarding him with in that series was downright insulting. The high efficiency numbers in the regular season where he gets a few dunks because the defenses aren't fully locked in just doesn't mean much in the playoffs.

And I already said earlier in the thread I'm up to add Gobert for the right price because I think he'd work better in our defense (could have sorely used him against Ayton last night). I'm just tempering the expectations on his offense, he's not a good offensive player, just an opportunist.

He had a rough series, but still scored 12 points a game on nearly 70% TS with 3.6 offensive boards.  He has been better in prior playoff series.  The best advanced boxscore stats say he was still significantly better than average offensively in that series.  Our base of comparison averaged 4 points and 1 offensive rebound.  

I don't know what it means to be a "good offensive player" but his offensive impact on the court is surprisingly high and significantly more than any center we currently have on the roster.  I know the reason you get Gobert is for his defense, but the reality is that we will be better offensively as well when he is on the court.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by mvossman - 05-03-2022, 04:20 PM