Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-01-2022, 12:24 AM)MrGoat Wrote: You get it. Adding Gobert would be about adding a unique defensive threat down low. Any dreams of Luka unlocking hidden offense there are a pipe dream. He flat out sucks on offense and there's no nice way to put it

It's interesting that folks are saying this.  He scores 15 points a game with unreal efficiency (over 70% TS this year) and is an excellent offensive rebounder.  Advanced stats struggle to capture defensive value, but they do a very good job capturing offensive value.  All of them, whether its box score based or on/off based consider Gobert a significantly better offensive player than Powell.   We saw the difference in Powell's game when playing with Luka vs without in the playoffs.  Gobert would likely see a similar jump playing with Luka, vs Mitchell.  

I'm not sure Gobert can punish small ball enough to force it off the court, even with Luka.  That does not mean he would get played off the court, but it does mean he would have to play more at the perimeter, and that takes away a lot of his defensive value (but not all of it).  

Not crazy about his salary or the issues he seems to have with other NBA players, but if we could get him cheap (filler salary and the first) I feel like you still make that play.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • Kammrath, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by mvossman - 05-01-2022, 12:31 PM