Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong
I said about a month ago that this team wouldn't win in the first round. I'll happily eat my crow. Didn't think they had it in them, especially with Luka out for 3 games. This Utah team is in such shambles. That new ownership group has a lot to discuss this offseason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(04-28-2022, 11:30 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I said about a month ago that this team wouldn't win in the first round. I'll happily eat my crow. Didn't think they had it in them, especially with Luka out for 3 games. This Utah team is in such shambles. That new ownership group has a lot to discuss this offseason.

Honestly, while the team is not where we’d like, they’re pretty clearly better than every Western Conference team other than PHX, GSW and a healthy, focused version of LAC. 

I hope some of you are enjoying this, at least a little. It gets better, but not that much better.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump, fifteenth, Jommybone, michaeltex, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Great win for the fans, and this team. A first-round win is just a first-round win, but right now it's hard to overstate how much it means to this franchise, after a decade in the wilderness. Mavs will almost certainly lose to the champion-level talent of Phoenix, but I think the path forward is much clearer now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-28-2022, 11:45 PM)Branduil Wrote: Great win for the fans, and this team. A first-round win is just a first-round win, but right now it's hard to overstate how much it means to this franchise, after a decade in the wilderness. Mavs will almost certainly lose to the champion-level talent of Phoenix, but I think the path forward is much clearer now.

Agreed. This was a GREAT season, regardless of happens next.
Like Reply
(04-28-2022, 11:45 PM)Branduil Wrote: Great win for the fans, and this team. A first-round win is just a first-round win, but right now it's hard to overstate how much it means to this franchise, after a decade in the wilderness. Mavs will almost certainly lose to the champion-level talent of Phoenix, but I think the path forward is much clearer now.
Ya, I think Kidd basically playing 6 players this game tells you right now, who he thinks is the best on this team right now. Hopefully this is a C search offseason, because in all honesty, not so sure Maxi needs to stay with his age and body already not able to handle higher minutes (of course, if we can add to this group and their minutes are lowered as well as their minutes against starters).
Like Reply
I think PHX is the NBA's best this season.

But this is like playing the "unbeatable" Clippers. I think some exciting surprises are still ahead. And if they can only learn fast enough to find some way to overcome PHX, I think the Mavs are talented enough to beat anyone else.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • Hypermav, Jommybone, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I missed it too. I thought they were dead in the water without Luka. They probably sweep or win in five with Luka, but the team found something by having to adapt to his absence, in particular this incredible chemistry between DFS and Reggie.
Like Reply
(04-28-2022, 11:58 PM)F Gump Wrote: I think PHX is the NBA's best this season.

But this is like playing the "unbeatable" Clippers. I think some exciting surprises are still ahead. And if they can only learn fast enough to find some way to overcome PHX, I think the Mavs are talented enough to beat anyone else.

I think if nothing else, having to play DFS and Bullock 40 minutes every game will eventually doom them. Would be fun to steal a couple games from Phoenix though.
Like Reply
No fatalism here.
Like Reply
I thought  I was wrong once.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
I'm just glad I never have to hear the "Luka can't get out of the first round" ever again, and he led the team in +/- in all 3 games he played. The season is already a success, now we're just playing with house money. Phoenix was the team I most wanted to avoid so I won't be too upset even if we lose badly
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • omahen, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-29-2022, 07:21 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Phoenix was the team I most wanted to avoid so I won't be too upset even if we lose badly

I was just looking at Vegas odds. Not as bad as a I thought.

I think losing to Phoenix in 6 games will probably be the typical prediction.
Like Reply