Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
(05-13-2022, 01:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: IMO, this is what Dallas wants, and what they expected when the series started. If anything, Luka has been reluctant to admit that they're playing him to PASS, especially when he gets inside. He finally got it through his head that he needs to think about SCORING inside for game 6, but even in that game there were some inexplicable pass outs when he was in the air not 2 feet from a layup. 

If they start doubling now, he's going to eat them alive, imho.

If the game is tight and Luka is playing well, I could see Monty throwing some doubles in the second half.  In a pressure game, there are always going to be 4 guys on the court for the Mavs that the opponent would rather have the ball.

If they go to that adjustment then this is the Jalen Brunson game.  The best thing the Mavs have going for them may be that their two lead guards have Championship pedigrees.  

I do think Kidd will have them prepared for the doubles, and has all series long.  It's why, aside from the Mavs defense and the whistles, I think the most important thing continues to be the Mavs getting into their offense quicker than they did in Games 1, 2 and 5....ESPECIALLY if doubles start coming from PHX.

Luka needs to pick his spots to go takeover mode.  48 minutes of Luka ball won't get it done.  I thought he did a good job of that in Game 6, especially if you burn the 4th quarter minutes where they inexplicably went to the Game 5 offense.  All I could think there was they felt comfortable enough with the lead and saw benefit in Luka leaning on CP a few more possessions before getting on to Game 7.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-3) vs. #4 DAL (3-3) | Gm 7 on Sunday - by MaxiThreeba - 05-13-2022, 01:22 PM