Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
(05-09-2022, 06:48 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Agree Brunson is the starter but I'm not sure Dinwiddie is the sixth man, at least in the classic, instant offense off the bench sort of way. 

Spencer is a very good basketball player. He can get 30. But he also looks comfortable as a ball mover and quality, do-everything rotation piece. He'll have what seems to be an off game but he'll have 4-5 rebounds, 4-5 assists, maybe 9 points. He's not aggressive enough to come off the bench and immediately change the game with his scoring. Or at least not in his current role.

THJ on the other hand is a guy that can come off the bench and launch 3-4 quality threes each half. He gets shots up. And despite his poor shooting to start the season, Kidd said he thought THJ could be an All-Star with the right focus on defense. He was the Mavs second best player over the last two postseasons.

Let's not forget the entire Mavs offense functioned like crap at the beginning of the year. KP was the starting power forward and Cauley-Stein was in the rotation. Then some guy named Moses. This is a totally different team now.

I can EASILY see THJ fitting into a high-powered five out concept next year.

One of the reasons I love this board.  That’s a good take on the differences between Spence and THJ off the bench.  

I would love to see THJ be a part of a contending Dallas team because he has been such a great teammate and tireless worker in his time here.  Powell is the same in that regard. 

Mavs will have some tough decisions to make this offseason.  They know the areas they need to improve but they also have an incredibly solid chemistry they need to protect.  It will be a balancing act.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (2-2) vs. #4 DAL (2-2) - by MaxiThreeba - 05-09-2022, 08:00 PM