Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
Josh Green does the little things that help teams win.  He needs to fine tune them though.  For instance, he is an aggressive and quick defender, but hasn't learned the nuances of some of the tricks defending.  So scorers feel pretty comfortable going at him.  He will learn.

His shot is concerning.  He shot the ball well the second half of the season so that is promising.  But some of his three point misses and free throw misses are so far off that is is concerning.    Sometimes they are not even close.

My biggest concern with him though is his finishing.   He is a great athlete but doesn't look like it when getting to the rim.   I really hope his next step is being able to shot fake, get to the rim and use his strong body to finish at the rim.  For instance, watch Bane use his body to absorb contact and finish.  Right now, Green doesn't do this and mostly is looking to pass when driving.

I was wondering near the end of the year if Green had graduated from summer league play.  I now think he should play summer league with instructions of going out there and scoring, handling the ball and being aggressive.   He just needs those reps...whether he is asked to do this or not with the regular team.

Lastly, playoff games are really tough...so I give him some slack as a youngster.   It is also tough to enter the game and produce when your # is called...if it is called.  That is what pros do, but it is hard.   He seems to have the right temperament and is a mature player. 

Will he find success long term here?   For me, the answer is a toss up at this point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (2-2) vs. #4 DAL (2-2) - by Chicagojk - 05-09-2022, 12:30 PM