Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
I want to start by saying, I'm very pro Josh Green and think has developed himself into a nice player over the course of this year.  I think that he brings a level of energy and athleticism that can't be found anywhere else on this roster, makes good decisive passes, cuts without the ball, uses his athleticism well on defense AND knocked down enough corner threes towards the end of the year to be able to keep him on the floor for extended minutes.  He certainly earned his spot in the rotation.

Having said all that...I never felt like Frank LOST that rotation spot when he was given his opportunity early in the season.  He was one of the few bright spots as this team was hovering around .500.  The switch back to him now has clearly made a difference as he's definitely bothering Booker defensively with his length.  I think this may be the start of the pendulum swinging back in his favor long term.  He doesn't make the best decisions with the ball in his hands at times and he seemed frantic in those positions yesterday but that simply shouldn't be his job.  People labeled him a bust but the expectations were all wrong.  Frank looks like a DFS mini me out there when he's playing, he has the defense and length of wing and his shot has never seemed that untrustworthy to me this year.  I have really loved this change and hope it continues.  I honestly think it was very understated that he wasn't available those games Luka was out because we could have used those minutes (we obviously found other ways to win but was always surprised it never came up).

Lately I've been thinking that the second year of the Frank contract may end up putting us in a great position.  It really has me wondering how much value THJ/Green/2022 FRP has as a trade package.  That feels like the best way to attain someone who we can add to our current playoff rotation without removing anyone that we're seeing over the last two games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (2-2) vs. #4 DAL (2-2) - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 05-09-2022, 10:49 AM