Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
(05-09-2022, 09:28 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: So game 3 narrative was "Suns are ok because CP3 and Booker uncharacteristically turned it over and missed bunnies" ... but a deeper look analytically told another story. The Suns shot the three uncharacteristically well so those missed shots near the rim were balanced out. 

Surely the narrative would change if the Mavs won game 4, right? Wouldn't a win open some eyes? "Hey, both teams held serve, this series hasn't started yet." Or better "Mavs figured some things out and won two in a row," or maybe "Mavs are on a roll," or something simple like, "Watch out, Dallas has nothing to lose."

Nope. 

Game 4 narrative is all about the officiating and Chris Paul uncharacteristically fouling out. Seems the Mavs win was another anomaly. I listened to a post game analysis on NBA TV and the consensus was literally "Suns are ok because if Paul didn't foul out he would've had more points and assists." Nevermind that Paul was -3 in the minutes he did play, guys seem to think the Suns would've eventually pulled away. 

Personally, I love it. All woulda, coulda, shoulda. Funny how the team that's getting touched up always complains about fouls. Funny how Paul can make bad basketball decisions yet do no wrong simply because he's a veteran point god. 

I mean, Chris Paul is 37 and his team blew it last year. He's not getting any younger. Is the pressure starting to mount? Is this his last best chance at a title? Saying nothing about the Mavs defense, are expectations affecting his decision making?

Phoenix can surely get back on track. They are clearly a fantastic well balanced team. And Game 5 is at home ... 

BUT ... Dallas knows what to expect out of the Phoenix crowd. And now they know how to win. They're fearless and if they steal one on the road, they have all the momentum and can close out at home.

Game 5 is going to be a battle.
I enjoyed hearing all the pre-game guys, including Stephen A, essentially pick Phoenix in a rout.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (2-2) vs. #4 DAL (2-2) - by DallasMaverick - 05-09-2022, 10:46 AM