Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
I argued earlier, if the Mavs win game 3, the narrative would totally change from "Mavs are out" to "This series hasn't started yet".  I think I was wrong.

Game 4 narrative seems to be CP3 and Booker uncharacteristically turned the ball over and didn't play up to their standards. Ok, I'm actually fine with that because the hidden secret is the Mavs didn't play exceptionally well either, but they still won. 

This team is still being counted out. Not talented enough. There's sort of a "good for you, kid" vibe around Game 3. The Mavs played exceptionally hard is all. The Suns let one slip away but they're still the much better team.

But it's interesting to note: 

-If Dallas hit shots at the expected rate based on shot quality, the Mavs would've won Game 1. 

-The Suns might have been blown out in Game 3 if a role player, Crowder, didn't break out of a slump to shoot lights out.

-Game 3 was the first time the Mavs best players stayed out of foul trouble to get their expected minutes. Except Luka, who was somewhat limited with foul trouble.

-CP3 turned the ball over 6, 4 and 5 times in last years Finals. Good scouting and defensive pressure can impact even a point god. I'm sure he'll turn the ball over less in game 4 but will he continue to shoot 60% from the floor?

-Suns have shot 46% from three for the series averaging 12 of 27. During the regular season this team shot 36% on 10 of 27 attempts. Are the Suns due for a bad shooting night on the road?

-Mavs are shooting 38% from three, right about their season average, on the same number of attempts. Are they due for a great shooting night at home? 

Game 4 is going to be a battle.
[-] The following 4 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • burekemde, Jommybone, MaxiThreeba, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (2-1) vs. #4 DAL (1-2) - by vfromlmf - 05-07-2022, 11:34 AM