Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
(05-11-2022, 12:56 AM)loki Wrote: Still trying to figure out how SD managed to posterize Gobert. Where did that explosiveness go? Now every drive ends with him limply flinging the ball in the general direction of the rim.

Suns have size inside and perimeter defenders that can put up resistance/stay in front of him.
Like Reply
Mavs are stuck with SD for the next season, just gotta hope he can recover his explosiveness and play better after another offseason. After that he's a big expiring which can be combined other contracts and picks, if he's rebuilt some value by then that's the ideal scenario.
Like Reply
(05-11-2022, 12:56 AM)loki Wrote: Still trying to figure out how SD managed to posterize Gobert. Where did that explosiveness go? Now every drive ends with him limply flinging the ball in the general direction of the rim.

Something is wrong with SD. Minutes declining each game, his impact is getting worse each game. 0-3 from field and 3 TO in 15 minutes in game 5. 

Mavs had a very solid start and looked like better team in the Q1. But then in Q2, the non Luka/Brunson guys fired 12 shots and only hit 2 (both Bertans). In Q3 number of shots from non Luka/Brunson went down to 4 (all misses) while Luka/Brunson shot similar total amount. I guess passes didn't reach them as Mavs had 12 TO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 12:14 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I hope all the make up calls are tonight rather than spread out over the next 3. Regardless, the Mavs have at least a puncher’s chance against the league’s best team this year. Exciting times, Mavs fans. Exciting times.

Got. My. Wish.
Like Reply
(05-11-2022, 01:41 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Got. My. Wish.

Mavs are taking this to game 7. Then, minor adjustments can turn this thing around in game 7. More minutes to Maxi, Bertans, minor adjustments are needed, nothing major. It's super close series. It's impressive how hard we are making it for the best rated team in the NBA.

Mavs will advance to the next round. It will be really really tight and really hard to watch however.
Like Reply
(05-11-2022, 01:46 PM)burekemde Wrote: Mavs are taking this to game 7. Then, minor adjustments can turn this thing around in game 7. More minutes to Maxi, Bertans, minor adjustments are needed, nothing major. It's super close series. It's impressive how hard we are making it for the best rated team in the NBA.

Mavs will advance to the next round. It will be really really tight and really hard to watch however.

I hope you’re right! We shall see tomorrow.
Like Reply
(05-11-2022, 01:41 AM)cow Wrote: Suns have size inside and perimeter defenders that can put up resistance/stay in front of him.

What is driving me crazy is that even when things get set up for him to work a mismatch against a center on the perimeter he's settling for those sidestep threes.  I know that Luka obviously settles with his step back against bigger guys a lot but at least he understands that he needs to bully his way into the paint against everyone else.  Dinwiddie is supposed to be using that first step of his to get by those bigs and make plays in the paint or get to the rim and it's just....nothing.  Very disappointing.
Like Reply
(05-11-2022, 03:08 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: What is driving me crazy is that even when things get set up for him to work a mismatch against a center on the perimeter he's settling for those sidestep threes.  I know that Luka obviously settles with his step back against bigger guys a lot but at least he understands that he needs to bully his way into the paint against everyone else.  Dinwiddie is supposed to be using that first step of his to get by those bigs and make plays in the paint or get to the rim and it's just....nothing.  Very disappointing.

His first step isn´t as good as it used to be. As a Mav he has been taking advantage of his size (pretty big for a PG). Finishing over smaller/guards wings.
Remember that he was coming back from an ACL injury. Hopefully a full offseason will be enough to get back to his peak level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-11-2022, 06:33 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hopefully a full offseason will be enough to get back to his peak level.
This is what I've been hanging onto with him. He had excitement explosion going from Wash where he was seemingly hated to Dal where he was fully embraced, first by his teammates, then the fans. He's come back to earth where getting fully over his injury and surgery has taken hold. I don't expect "New to Dallas" Dinwiddie to come back for more than a 10 game stretch going forward, but I also think he'll raise his level of play quite a bit over what we're seeing now. Overall, he's not used to coming off the bench, so that is more adjustment to figure out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Should French Frank start the next 2 games in place of Dwight? Can he defend Booker well enough to let Doe-Doe take Ayton? All 5 out all the time would be my strategy if I were coaching.
Like Reply
(05-12-2022, 10:38 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Should French Frank start the next 2 games in place of Dwight? Can he defend Booker well enough to let Doe-Doe take Ayton? All 5 out all the time would be my strategy if I were coaching.

I would argue for starting Maxi and maybe going small later without ever bringing in Powell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Kidd is stubborn, I think he will keep starting Powell. Now if they are down at halftime then he probably finally ends Powell's minutes but it could be too late by then. Powell really is just a placeholder in this series and a "starter" just by name only. It's such an advantage for the Suns knowing that no matter what happens in the 1st half, they can always regroup and make their move in the 3rd quarter when they know Powell will be back in the game.
Like Reply
I've been toying with the idea of starting Dinwiddie over Brunson.  Maybe that will get Spencer going.
Like Reply
I hope this is not our last game, long time for training camp.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • Jommybone, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(05-12-2022, 02:42 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I hope this is not our last game, long time for training camp.

Only about six weeks till the draft and seven to free agency. That´s a few weeks less than usual. Tongue
Like Reply
(05-12-2022, 02:31 PM)cow Wrote: I've been toying with the idea of starting Dinwiddie over Brunson.  Maybe that will get Spencer going.

Are you going to tell us what you decide here, or do we have to wait for tip off???
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Hypermav, MFFL, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(05-12-2022, 02:31 PM)cow Wrote: I've been toying with the idea of starting Dinwiddie over Brunson.  Maybe that will get Spencer going.

Seems like it’s 100% about FTs with Dinwiddie:

8 FT attempts in 5 games vs. Suns (7.0 points per game)

30 in 6 games vs. Jazz (15.3 points)

3.2 per game in April (10.8 points)

5.9 per game in March (18.1 points)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

I think that's for the best.

Luka/Din/Bullock/DFS/Maxi is a huge switchable lineup. I don't think Brunson would like that though.

I just think the best choice is making sure Powell doesn't see the floor unless it's to take a hard foul.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-12-2022, 04:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think that's for the best.

Luka/Din/Bullock/DFS/Maxi is a huge switchable lineup. I don't think Brunson would like that though.

I just think the best choice is making sure Powell doesn't see the floor unless it's to take a hard foul.

I wish Kidd would play Boban, or Chriss more minutes. Powell isn’t productive on offense, or a legit rim protector. I miss Moses Brown. They should’ve kept him, but I guess they’re decision making is better than mine!
Like Reply
Well 15 of us said Mavs in 7 games.....we'll see of it happens!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ballsrchr, LifeAquatic
Like Reply