Poll: Who gets the Dirkie??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (+9, 6 pts, 6 rbd, 2 ast, 2 stl)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+8, 18 pts, 10 rbd, 5 ast)
40.00%
14 40.00%
Brunson (-16, 24 pts, 3 rbd, 2 ast, 2 stl)
11.43%
4 11.43%
Luka (+15, 24 pts, 9 rbd, 8 ast, 2 stl, 2 blks)
17.14%
6 17.14%
Maxi (-6, 7 pts, 6 rbdm 3 ast, 1 blk)
0%
0 0%
Dinwiddie (+12, 19 pts, 1 rbd, 2 ast, 1 blk)
31.43%
11 31.43%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 1 GAME 6 DIRKIE: DFS!!! (43%)
https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/15...5261746177
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: 922cda58.gif?crop=0.75%2C0.99%2Cx0.11%2Cy0.00%2Csafe]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
Toss up between DFS and Dinwiddie for me. Tie goes to the great Dorian FINNEY-Smith, of course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Giving it to Brunson. He hit that SUPER clutch three at the end. This is also kind of a series dirkie for me. Dude averaged 27 a game. WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
I was gonna vote for Dinwiddie but instead gave it to Brunson for making the go-ahead 3/FT despite being iced out the entire 4Q.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fuerza1's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
DFS but everyone made a contribution.  I mean we only played 6 guysSmile
Like Reply
Really only two choices here. Luka or Dinwiddie. The defense seemed to collapse every time Luka left the game, there's a reason he's been the plus minus leader in all three games he's been back. Dinwiddie had been having a miserable series before this one.

So because of the lower expectations on Dinwiddie I'm giving it to him. We really needed a game like this from him in this one

Edit: On second thought DFS would be a legit third choice. But I'm still going with Spencer
Like Reply
Gave it to Angel Prince. He's the best defender on the team, so getting efficient 10ish points is his "good" contribution. Getting 18 is amazing!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1519897067656814592
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
DFS. Defense. Boards. Timely offense.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Luka calling everyone out saying that they played poorly and had no energy is exactly what I wanted to hear.

I'm also glad that despite all of this he STEPPED UP. He hit that super clutch three over Gobert then found Brunson in the corner for him to hit that go ahead three.

Time to rest up and prepare for the juggernaut that's PHX. If the Mavs take them out then skies the limit.

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...0214944768
Like Reply
Surprised there’s an argument. Dinwidde showed up for the first time all series. Great performance for for the first time in a long time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • Fuerza1, MFFL
Like Reply
The best center on the team, God King.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BallySportsSW/status...4043211777
Like Reply
(04-28-2022, 11:48 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Surprised there’s an argument. Dinwidde showed up for the first time all series. Great performance for for the first time in a long time.

Fair, but Brunson and Luka stepped up big in the last couple of minutes. It wasn't perfect but they brought the team home and sealed the win.

DFS also had incredible defense. Same with Dinwiddie as he was the guy that made Conley hesitate and forced that travel.

It wasn't a super pretty win, but they did it. Mavs came back down by 12 (again!) and finally got that monkey off their back.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6168353792
Like Reply
DFS. A lot of minutes and never looked gassed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LifeAquatic's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I would have voted Brunson but that missed free throw at the end of the game was huge
Like Reply
And on top of everything else, DFS had to play 45 minutes tonight and guard Mitchell all series long. I think it’s hands down actually, with positive mentions for Spencer and JB also.
Like Reply
The Mavs didn't play all that good, but they did manage to eke out a win.  On to the second round.

This is another one of those games where it is hard to come up with a clear cut Dirkie winner.

I think I'll go at it topsy turvy.  Is turvy a word?  Process of elimination...

Green, Bertans, and Powell were non-factors--in the Dirkie race.

Bullock and Maxi could be slotted next up.

Dinwiddie, though his contribution is important, continued with generally pedestrian play.  He did score 19 points and was a +12.  But this is a perfect example why +/- stats are very limited and should only be taken in context along with many other factors.  I still have high hopes SD will earn a playoff Dirkie in the future.  Not this time...

Brunson was effective in the first half, but limited in the second half.  Maybe the ball stuck with Doncic too much and/or to a lesser extent with Dinwiddie, but Brunson is most effective when he slices and dices in the paint.  He is a great tool and should be used--more--in such cases.  Is this on the coach(es) or did JB defer too much?  A question that needs to be answered.  No Dirkie here.

I'm down to DFS and Luka.  Flip a coin?  No.  This wasn't either player's best game.  Luka was pretty much vintage Luka--in an average sort of way.  

Ah shucks.  So was DFS.  Still...

I'm going with DFS for his steadfast play...and to give him his first playoff Dirkie.  I think it's his first...from me.  At my age I'm lucky to remember--my age.  My Dirkie to DFS.
Like Reply