Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Maxi Helped Us Win 2 Playoff Games. Dwight has lost us a playoff game.
(05-06-2022, 11:03 AM)cow Wrote: I've always liked Dwight.  He's a culture guy who, while undertalented, never cheats you on effort.  I didn't even mind the contract extension at the time.  It's obvious he's overpaid now and shouldn't be making more than a veteran minimum.  If they want to move him into the Boban role, fine.  He certainly would bring more on the court value.  You just can't pay him anywhere near the salary he's currently at.

I think the main issue with Dwight the entire time was while everyone else was taking super team friendly deals (DFS, Maxi, Seth), him and his agent or whatever, milked the Mavs for like the maximum amount they could get and the majority of fans were pretty pissed at such a huge overpay. Achilles or not he got as much as he could and was still a very heavily flawed player. Not mad at him for getting it done, he needs to get as much money as possible and it's the job of his agent to do so, but mad at the Mavs for agreeing to the terms. He would have needed to develop an outside shot to be worth the money he got.

Also, might show that the Mavs analytics department back then that determined player value was not good at all if they thought his contract was good value (or other ones, like maxing Kemba Walker).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • cow
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maxi Helped Us Win 2 Playoff Games. Dwight has lost us a playoff game. - by Jakeospikez - 05-06-2022, 01:01 PM