Poll: Do the Mavs break 100 points tonight as a team?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
90.00%
9 90.00%
No
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3: DAL (2-1) vs. UTA (1-2)| 126-118 WIN!!!!
(04-21-2022, 11:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Green learned pretty quickly, huh?

I’d say he’s not “terrified”. Kidd put him in a position to succeed this game. Point, playmaking, not stand in the corner spot up shooter.
Like Reply
"There is no ceiling on the team. We're too young to have a ceiling."- Jason Kidd
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 02:33 PM)ReunionMav Wrote: Don’t doubt this team. Luka or no Luka these guys will make a good game out of it. This is an opportunity game to do the unexpected and put a hurt on the Jazz. If we lose then next game becomes heavy pressure.

I repeat, don’t doubt this team! I will add that Jason Kidd does give us an advantage as coach. That we suspected. We are getting closer to knowing he is a good coach.
Like Reply
F´n hell. Dorian played 47 minutes two way minutes. Amazing conditioning to still have the legs to knock down the bigs threes in the 4th.

I´ll start to join you all misspelling his name to disrespect that dirty bum Royce O`Neal.

Jalen gone full "Show me the money"-mode.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:08 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: F´n hell. Dorian played 47 minutes two way minutes. Amazing conditioning to still have the legs to knock down the bigs threes in the 4th.

He isn't called God King for no reason, bub.
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:08 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Jalen gone full "Show me the money"-mode.

I'm not even kidding I think he's playing himself into a full 5 year max. And I'm starting to get to the point where I don't think it's that outlandish of an idea to give it to him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Phenomenal performance. Bench really stepped up in the first. 

Gobert is not worth 40 mil.
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm not even kidding I think he's playing himself into a full 5 year max. And I'm starting to get to the point where I don't think it's that outlandish of an idea to give it to him.

[Image: redd-foxx-counting.gif]
Like Reply
It is looking like having Full Bird Rights for the extra year and higher raises will be a good thing when negotiating for Brunson's services...
[-] The following 2 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • Arioch, Tyler
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:14 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: It is looking like having Full Bird Rights for the extra year and higher raises will be a good thing when negotiating for Brunson's services...

What do negotiating mean?

[Image: spunky-little-rascals-money.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SkenfromLMF
Like Reply
People still loving Gobert? I just don't see it with him as being that missing piece. You can't be paid Top-3 on the roster and be a player that can be taken out of games in the playoffs when opponents find ways to adjust. Yes he's a great rim protector but what happens when you play teams in the playoffs that can go small and make it rain from three like the Mavs? And while this Mavs performance has been incredible, they are not even close to one of the better shooting teams in the league. If the Mavs are giving the Jazz problems with their floor-spacing offense, think about what the Warriors, Suns, etc. would do.

And on offense, yes he's a great rim roller but defenses aren't going to just let him get lobs/dunks every possession in the playoffs. Plus he has no 3-pt range. If he developed an outside shot to just be respectable for a center, then you could talk me into it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm not even kidding I think he's playing himself into a full 5 year max. And I'm starting to get to the point where I don't think it's that outlandish of an idea to give it to him.

Let´s not bid against ourselves, but I can see an argument for 110/5, which is still a ton of money. 22M/year.
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:18 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: People still loving Gobert? I just don't see it with him as being that missing piece. You can't be paid Top-3 on the roster and be a player that can be taken out of games in the playoffs when opponents find ways to adjust. Yes he's a great rim protector but what happens when you play teams in the playoffs that can go small and make it rain from three like the Mavs? And while this Mavs performance has been incredible, they are not even close to one of the better shooting teams in the league. If the Mavs are giving the Jazz problems with their floor-spacing offense, think about what the Warriors, Suns, etc. would do.

And on offense, yes he's a great rim roller but defenses aren't going to just let him get lobs/dunks every possession in the playoffs. Plus he has no 3-pt range. If he developed an outside shot to just be respectable for a center, then you could talk me into it.

I love Gobert but not for his contract.  Give me 60% of what he offers on the floor in the $5m range.
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:18 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: People still loving Gobert? I just don't see it with him as being that missing piece. You can't be paid Top-3 on the roster and be a player that can be taken out of games in the playoffs when opponents find ways to adjust. Yes he's a great rim protector but what happens when you play teams in the playoffs that can go small and make it rain from three like the Mavs? And while this Mavs performance has been incredible, they are not even close to one of the better shooting teams in the league. If the Mavs are giving the Jazz problems with their floor-spacing offense, think about what the Warriors, Suns, etc. would do.

He´s not a great rim-roller or Conley is one of the worst lob throwers. Could be either. Conley played his whole career with Zach and Marc. Not exactly lob targets. Big Grin All I know is that 40-50% success rate is not great for lobs and I don´t feel their success rate is any higher.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:20 PM)cow Wrote: I love Gobert but not for his contract.  Give me 60% of what he offers on the floor in the $5m range.
I don't think we're getting 60% of what Gobert brings at 5 mil. Maybe 10-12 mil. 

Still even then you gotta wonder why invest over a 1/3rd of the total cap into a player like Gobert. I still think next to Luka he'd be utilized properly and his weaknesses are downplayed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't think we're getting 60% of what Gobert brings at 5 mil. Maybe 10-12 mil. 

Still even then you gotta wonder why invest over a 1/3rd of the total cap into a player like Gobert. I still think next to Luka he'd be utilized properly and his weaknesses are downplayed.

Too rich for my blood.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I could only get the chance to watch the 4th quarter and I was really impressed to see Josh Green bringing the ball. Was that the way he was played all game? If yes, that is a genius move by Kidd. I have always thought that Green being there playing the point brings length and toughness to the team as well as better transition plays.

Can somebody please tell me briefly as to how he was played and how he did tonight?
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(04-21-2022, 11:38 PM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: I could only get the chance to watch the 4th quarter and I was really impressed to see Josh Green bringing the ball. Was that the way he was played all game? If yes, that is a genius move by Kidd. I have always thought that Green being there playing the point brings length and toughness to the team as well as better transition plays.

Can somebody please tell me briefly as to how he was played and how he did tonight?

They adjusted and let Green initiate the offense while emphasizing more off-ball movement for shooters and cutters. It was perfect because it allowed Green to get comfortable to start the game and he dished out some assists to get his confidence going. It also forced Gobert to actually move around and get him out of position. Much better than putting Green in the corner and allowing Gobert to stand in the paint and leave him open. 

Sometimes players need to be involved on offense first to get going and then they will start making shots. In games 1 and 2, the Mavs just wanted him to be a spot-up shooter and that's tough to ask for a cold player who doesn't enter the game until the 1st quarter is almost over
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • MFFL, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
Jazz shoot 56%+ and lost at home. That must be demoralizing.

Luka returns Game 4. Meanwhile Dallas has figured a way to beat Utah with Brunson and Dinwiddie dominating the ball. Will Luka's return, even if 100%, disrupt this momentum?

Luka is used to carrying the team. Will Brunson and Dinwiddie continue to attack relentlessly? Or will they fall back into a secondary role? There is only ONE ball. It has to be shared efficiently.

Game 4 could be really interesting. I almost feel like Dallas has at least as good of a chance winning game 4 without Luka than they do with him because of the current momentum. Game 5 at home might be a smoother transition for Luka's return.

But it doesn't matter. Luka will play Game 4 and we will find out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes windjc's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(04-22-2022, 12:21 AM)windjc Wrote: Jazz shoot 56%+ and lost at home. That must be demoralizing.

Luka returns Game 4. Meanwhile Dallas has figured a way to beat Utah with Brunson and Dinwiddie dominating the ball. Will Luka's return, even if 100%, disrupt this momentum?

Luka is used to carrying the team. Will Brunson and Dinwiddie continue to attack relentlessly? Or will they fall back into a secondary role? There is only ONE ball. It has to be shared efficiently.

Game 4 could be really interesting. I almost feel like Dallas has at least as good of a chance winning game 4 without Luka than they do with him because of the current momentum. Game 5 at home might be a smoother transition for Luka's return.

But it doesn't matter. Luka will play Game 4 and we will find out.

Yeah, lets not be prisoners of the moment. Luka has to come back next game. This is still his team. And they need him.

JB/Spencer have stepped up big time in Luka's absence but we can't keep relying on them.
Like Reply