Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
7.32%
3 7.32%
DAL (4-2)
39.02%
16 39.02%
DAL (4-3)
29.27%
12 29.27%
UTA (4-3)
2.44%
1 2.44%
UTA (4-2)
12.20%
5 12.20%
UTA (4-1)
2.44%
1 2.44%
UTA (4-0)
7.32%
3 7.32%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 1: #4 DAL (4-2) vs #5 UTA (2-4) |
https://twitter.com/slohoopsfan/status/1...92896?s=21&t=vOg5nAlOFO1hnZKv5W4EtQ
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 09:20 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Green (and others) are the often overlooked part of the Luka injury.  

Page 2, bayyyybeee.
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 11:04 AM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/slohoopsfan/status/1...92896?s=21&t=vOg5nAlOFO1hnZKv5W4EtQ

"MacMahon further says that the bigger challenge for the Mavs coaching staff will be to hold back Luka who will push to play asap. He says if things get worse, it can screw up next season."

Tim MacMahon on Luka: “The idea of him playing the first 2 games would be absolutely shocking and frankly dangerous. That’s not realistic.”

[Image: 60745694.jpg]

Like Reply
Multiple Choice Quiz

a) Timmy Mac knows what sells. 
b) Luka forcing his way onto the court and risking further, worse injury is a real concern. 
c) All of the above.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
After reading about PG13 missing the play-in with COVID would it be unethical for allegedly unvaxxed Trey Burke to pay a visit, start Game 1, sneeze at and lick every Jazz player just in case. Undecided
Like Reply
Assuming Luka is not ready yet but wants to play. I think a lot depends on game 1. If Mavs win, you can easily rest him two more games. Even if they lose both, it is not the end of the world. 

Now the situation is much different if they lose the first one. If you lose both at home, you are likely done. Unless you are Clippers. So, do they dare play without him for the second one in this case?
Like Reply
So this is Luka´s Sacramento moment. That means I have to bet on a Mavs championship in 2029, 2030 or 2031, somebody do the math.
Like Reply
This might be more like Luka's/Kidd's San Antonio (2003) moment
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • LifeAquatic
Like Reply
This team at full strength is highly unlikely to chip so the risk/reward equation seems pretty simple.  Sitting Luka is a really easy call.
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • Arioch, HoosierDaddyKid, ItsGoTime, LifeAquatic
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 12:13 PM)cow Wrote: This team at full strength is highly unlikely to chip so the risk/reward equation seems pretty simple.  Sitting Luka is a really easy call.

Told you all we should have tanked the season. Big Grin
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 12:17 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Told you all we should have tanked the season. Big Grin

I had the single vote for under 40 wins in the prediction thread.
Like Reply
(1) Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Dallas Mavericks All-Star Luka Doncic (calf strain) will be out for Game 1 vs. Utah on Saturday and significant concern remains for his availability Monday in Game 2, sources tell ESPN. Mavs will play long game w/ injury and take it day-by-day after playing without him Saturday." / Twitter
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 10:35 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: If Mavs are missing Doncic—what a disaster. I’d be surprised if they could even win a game. Maybe a gentleman’s sweep. If Luka is ready for game 2 at least at near 100%, the Mavs have a fighting chance.  If Luka were healthy, Mavs in 5.

Counterpoint: Dallas winning the series without Luka will be the final straw that breaks the Jazz. Just like how we ended the Karl Malone era.

Go Mavs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • fifteenth, Jommybone, MFFL
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 01:49 PM)Tyler Wrote: Counterpoint: Dallas winning the series without Luka will be the final straw that breaks the Jazz. Just like how we ended the Karl Malone era.

Go Mavs.

I don't remember. How exactly did we end the Karl Malone era?
Like Reply
A series victory this season is essential for the future of this franchise and Luka’s legacy, but I don’t see it happening now because of this injury. Not many generational talents start their career 0-4.  And, I don’t remember a star player ever getting injured playing meaningless minutes in a season finale. I know it’s mostly on Luka because he came in unfit and overplayed and that in combination with the strain from his heavy body was bound to cause a problem eventually, but it’s still surreal that the season is on the verge of collapse following such an awful player management decision. What a downer.
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 01:55 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I don't remember. How exactly did we end the Karl Malone era?

Michael Finley dunked on his head in route to a round one victory. And the run of contention by the Malone/Stockton Jazz came to an end.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 01:55 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I don't remember. How exactly did we end the Karl Malone era?

Dirk, Fin, Nash, and the great Calvin Booth. Mavs in 5. It was Dallas's first series win in the playoffs in what seemed like forever. Malone was only in Utah one more year and also didn't make it out of the first round. 

Here's the full game, queued up to the final Mavs possession. It was great.
https://youtu.be/VQZg8UGqd7U?t=5521
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth
Like Reply
It'd be pretty exciting to see DFS, JB, DP, SD and RB, with some help from Maxi, Green and next man up, take down the mighty Jazz
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 02:37 PM)Tyler Wrote: Dirk, Fin, Nash, and the great Calvin Booth. Mavs in 5. It was Dallas's first series win in the playoffs in what seemed like forever. Malone was only in Utah one more year and also didn't make it out of the first round. 

Here's the full game, queued up to the final Mavs possession. It was great.
https://youtu.be/VQZg8UGqd7U?t=5521

I used to rewatch my video tape of this game every few months
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
I hope that it is starting to set it with MFFLs that Luka will not play this series. I still believe we have a puncher’s chance - but it is going to take every ounce of the rest of roster and coaching staff. Big opportunity for Jalen Brunson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • Arioch
Like Reply