Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
7.32%
3 7.32%
DAL (4-2)
39.02%
16 39.02%
DAL (4-3)
29.27%
12 29.27%
UTA (4-3)
2.44%
1 2.44%
UTA (4-2)
12.20%
5 12.20%
UTA (4-1)
2.44%
1 2.44%
UTA (4-0)
7.32%
3 7.32%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 1: #4 DAL (4-2) vs #5 UTA (2-4) |
https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2022/04...of-course/
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HGrahamNFL/status/15...X4RBL2DdSQ&s=19

The plot thickens!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Nobody wants to hear this, but I do think Luka’s season is done. I think it’s a borderline grade II strain.
Like Reply
Shams did say "expected to miss game 1", but it's true, he didn't mention a source. He just followed up his "expected to miss game 1" with the 7 day minimum thing. Seems like an odd way to report it.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 02:17 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Shams did say "expected to miss game 1", but it's true, he didn't mention a source. He just followed up his "expected to miss game 1" with the 7 day minimum thing. Seems like an odd way to report it.

I know but never specifically said "sources are telling me he'll miss game 1." but rather "Mavs told me they're treating him day-to-day".

Again could be nothing and Shams might've overlooked that small detail speaking the news vs. actually tweeting it, but the difference is either Luka missing game 1 is coming from the Mavs themselves or is coming from Sham's educated guess.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 02:17 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Nobody wants to hear this, but I do think Luka’s season is done. I think it’s a borderline grade II strain.

Why do you "think it’s a borderline grade II strain"?
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 02:34 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: Why do you "think it’s a borderline grade II strain"?

He likes to make stuff up with his poker buddy Bobby Voulgaris.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 02:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He likes to make stuff up with his poker buddy Bobby Voulgaris.

I'll be playing poker at WinStar, from tonight until game time [NOON CDT] on Saturday.  If anyone wants to drop by and say hello, just ask for Hogmelon at the podium [front desk] of the poker room.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hogmelon's post:
  • fifteenth, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 02:47 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: I'll be playing poker at WinStar, from tonight until game time [NOON CDT] on Saturday.  If anyone wants to drop by and say hello, just ask for Hogmelon at the podium [front desk] of the poker room.

Are you going to be on ESPN, The Ocho?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 03:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Are you going to be on ESPN, The Ocho?

https://giphy.com/gifs/weird-laughing-to...fullscreen
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 02:34 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: Why do you "think it’s a borderline grade II strain"?

The reaction by Luka when it happened. He immediately knew that it was bad. He never even came back to the bench after he went to locker room and exam areas in the arena. Also, Woj termed it as a little more than a minor strain.

But now I’ve seen Luka do a light ride on an exercise bike and squats in consecutive days. So, who knows?
Like Reply
I mean, they should sit him for game 1. Why risk it developing into something more serious?  KD's calf strain turned into a torn achilles because he came back too soon.  Not wishing anything like that to happen to another franchise talent. When is game 2  Monday?  See if it improves by then.
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 02:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He likes to make stuff up with his poker buddy Bobby Voulgaris.

If by poker you mean Uno and if his broken Tickle Me Elmo doll is named Boby Voulgaris, you'd be correct.
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 08:28 PM)cow Wrote: If by poker you mean Uno and if his broken Tickle Me Elmo doll is named Boby Voulgaris, you'd be correct.

I mean don't lie it was pretty entertaining watching him create these elaborate and somewhat believable tall tales about how Kawhi Leonard was a surefire thing to come to Dallas last summer. 

At least I thought they were hilarious.
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 09:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean don't lie it was pretty entertaining watching him create these elaborate and somewhat believable tall tales about how Kawhi Leonard was a surefire thing to come to Dallas last summer. 

At least I thought they were hilarious.

I just assumed this was his new schtick which seems to be reverse-jinxing by making incredibly pessimistic takes. But it seems like he might actually believe this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arioch's post:
  • TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...4841035776
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 08:14 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I mean, they should sit him for game 1. Why risk it developing into something more serious?  KD's calf strain turned into a torn achilles because he came back too soon.  Not wishing anything like that to happen to another franchise talent. When is game 2  Monday?  See if it improves by then.

Durant was a free agent at the end of the season and I don't think the Warriors had as much concern for Durant's long term future as the Mavericks do for Luka. If the medical staff clears him to play then it should be ok (knock on wood).

Here is an excellent article on the Durant situation.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/17/kevin-...steve-kerr
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 06:51 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...4841035776

Green (and others) are the often overlooked part of the Luka injury.  We talk a lot about JB and SD needing to step up and someone among the other heavy minutes guys (DFS, RB, Powell, Maxi) having to have a big game.  But, it isn’t just Luka’s production.  There are 38 minutes to be soaked up.  The six guys named were already going to eat up some heavy minutes, so someone else has to step in.  

I imagine we’ll try to get a few minutes each half out of Burke.  We aren’t going to win a game in the 120’s without Luka.  So, Bertans probably isn’t the full answer unless someone gets into foul trouble.  Josh plays D and lately is hitting a high percent of his 3’s.  He’s also showing improvement at something Utah is bad at…attacking one on one.  If we somehow get a game without Luka, SD and Brunson will likely get the headlines, but someone like Green (filling in from the bottom) will likely play a huge role.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • fifteenth, Hogmelon, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 09:20 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Green (and others) are the often overlooked part of the Luka injury.  We talk a lot about JB and SD needing to step up and someone among the other heavy minutes guys (DFS, RB, Powell, Maxi) having to have a big game.  But, it isn’t just Luka’s production.  There are 38 minutes to be soaked up.  The six guys named were already going to eat up some heavy minutes, so someone else has to step in.  

I imagine we’ll try to get a few minutes each half out of Burke.  We aren’t going to win a game in the 120’s without Luka.  So, Bertans probably isn’t the full answer unless someone gets into foul trouble.  Josh plays D and lately is hitting a high percent of his 3’s.  He’s also showing improvement at something Utah is bad at…attacking one on one.  If we somehow get a game without Luka, SD and Brunson will likely get the headlines, but someone like Green (filling in from the bottom) will likely play a huge role.
I think this is right. Some of the already going to be high minute guys are not really gonna get that many more minutes. For example, I’d suggest DFS was gonna get a couple breathers throughout the game and end up with minutes played in the 40’s. Don’t think that changes with Luka being out. Sure JB and SD will probably get a few more minutes than they were going to (more SD than JB), but the real step up I think gets put at the feet of Green and probably Bertans who were going to be in the 15 mpg range. I think we have to wear out DP and Maxi unless we’re gonna see Boban out there to match Gobert with size and strength a bit.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, ReunionMav
Like Reply
If Mavs are missing Doncic—what a disaster. I’d be surprised if they could even win a game. Maybe a gentleman’s sweep. If Luka is ready for game 2 at least at near 100%, the Mavs have a fighting chance.  If Luka were healthy, Mavs in 5.
Like Reply