Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
7.32%
3 7.32%
DAL (4-2)
39.02%
16 39.02%
DAL (4-3)
29.27%
12 29.27%
UTA (4-3)
2.44%
1 2.44%
UTA (4-2)
12.20%
5 12.20%
UTA (4-1)
2.44%
1 2.44%
UTA (4-0)
7.32%
3 7.32%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 1: #4 DAL (4-2) vs #5 UTA (2-4) |
https://twitter.com/Zero_Hoops/status/15...2292942849
Like Reply
Good. I don't want any excuses when we beat their ass.
Like Reply
WOJ said the test were negative but the area is bruised.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/tribjazz/status/1519091980512333824
Like Reply
I for one will be disappointed and pissed if the Mavs do not wrap this up in 6. They are obviously the better team. They should have won Game 4 and gave it away. They don't have an excuse to mess around with a game 7.

As a fan, I want to see this team, and in particular Luka, start to develop a stronger mental outlook. Luka has a bit like Dirk in that he a laid back joking demeanor. Dirk was arguably too nice for his own good. His talented transcended that mental approach the year he won the championship, but the greatest of the greats, they do not want to just win, they want to demolish their opponents. 

Look at Brunson's demeanor. He is stone cold focused on one thing - winning every possession all of the time. But Brunson is working with limited tools. Luka has almost all the tools (lacks some athleticism, but whatever) and he needs to start putting his foot down on some necks. And it needs to start in Game 6. Dallas needs the rest and they need the mindset of win every game all of the time. 

It only gets harder from here - Phoenix, GSW, Boston. Dallas needs to show they deserve to be in consideration with the best in the league.
[-] The following 1 user Likes windjc's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 05:02 PM)cow Wrote: WOJ said the test were negative but the area is bruised.

MRI showed quad contusions but no injury to hamstring. Judging by how he pulled up, there must have been some sort of injury to his hamstring, or he was just being overprotective when he felt tightness.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1519144804789202946
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 10:18 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: MRI showed quad contusions but no injury to hamstring. Judging by how he pulled up, there must have been some sort of injury to his hamstring, or he was just being overprotective when he felt tightness.

Right. If there was bleeding there had to be a tear. So seems like they are splitting hairs here. I cannot imagine he will be 100%.

Doesn't matter. There is no excuse for us not to beat them.
Like Reply
I really hope he plays, Mitchell's been a net negative for the Jazz and the Mavs know how to deal with him. If he sits out, Clarkson might step up but leave a hole on their bench.
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 04:29 AM)Halfnir Wrote: I really hope he plays, Mitchell's been a net negative for the Jazz and the Mavs know how to deal with him. If he sits out, Clarkson might step up but leave a hole on their bench.

And even a bigger hole in their defense
Like Reply
Mitchell will likely play just because the sheer indignity of not playing in a deciding game will be too much to bear - at least in the press. 

It's not going to be a pretty off-season for him or Gobert if they don't pull off a big upset in games 6 and 7.
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 06:13 AM)Winter Wrote: Mitchell will likely play just because the sheer indignity of not playing in a deciding game will be too much to bear - at least in the press. 

It's not going to be a pretty off-season for him or Gobert if they don't pull off a big upset in games 6 and 7.

It's going to be major changes in Utah, win or lose.  Even Quinn Snyder may be gone. It looks like he's lost the team IMO.
Like Reply
So they start Bojan on Luka, that means Mitchell, with something going on in his quads, on JB. 

Sounds like the DAL starting backcourt ought to score historic numbers.
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 07:29 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: It's going to be major changes in Utah, win or lose.  Even Quinn Snyder may be gone. It looks like he's lost the team IMO.

Now that Dallas has provided a road map for neutralizing Gobert, I can't imagine any scenario in which he stays in Utah. It has been reported Utah management intends to keep Mitchell... but that's mere speculation. 

Bogdonovic will also be on an expiring contract next year.
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 08:25 AM)Winter Wrote: Now that Dallas has provided a road map for neutralizing Gobert, I can't imagine any scenario in which he stays in Utah. It has been reported Utah management intends to keep Mitchell... but that's mere speculation. 

I would argue that Gobert has been UTA's most impactful player this series. Flawed yes, but he's made a lot of big plays that has saved at least 2 games for UTA so far (FT's G4 and defense G1).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 08:22 AM)michaeltex Wrote: So they start Bojan on Luka, that means Mitchell, with something going on in his quads, on JB. 

Sounds like the DAL starting backcourt ought to score historic numbers.

I actually look at this as Dallas improving on defense. IF Mitchell is compromised physically, JB might be able to guard him effectively and leave DFS on Bogi and have Bullock available to defend Clarkson. Meaning to say that IF Dallas could effectively play Mitchell straight up (not cross-matching with their best defender) this would keep their Best pair of defensive players fresher and held out on the what has been the most productive player Utah has this series - Clarkson.

Defensively, if Dallas hits shots, Utah is toast... Put Mitchell into as much defensive responsibility as possible and make Bogi chase through the off-ball screens. I see it as Utah's best bet is to play zone and hope Dallas doesn't hit shots, to minimize the wear and tear on Bogi/Mitchell. The challenge for Dallas is to attack the zone inside to collapse it and create as many open 3's as possible. High Post Luka with Brunson/Dinwiddie initiating the offense and Powell lurking in the short corners when the bigs collapse to Luka.
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 09:01 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I would argue that Gobert has been UTA's most impactful player this series. 

You could argue that, but that's not saying much.

And if you're Utah and you're out in the first round.... where are you going to make big changes? It's either Mitchell or Gobert. No?
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 09:01 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: he's made a lot of big plays that has saved at least 2 games for UTA so far (FT's G4 and defense G1).

100% agree. Without Gobert this series is LONG over already.
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 10:50 AM)Winter Wrote: You could argue that, but that's not saying much.

And if you're Utah and you're out in the first round.... where are you going to make big changes? It's either Mitchell or Gobert. No?

Danny Ainge in charge? Both gone. Bogs and Clarkson gone. Incoming raft of picks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL
Like Reply
Conley is their biggest problem.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • cow, ItsGoTime, Smitty
Like Reply