Poll: Over/under: The amount of 3's Maxi and Reggie will make combined set at 5.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 75: UTA (45-30) @ DAL (46-29) | 114-100 win
(03-28-2022, 09:53 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: The other thing that bothers me is when we have no pass Luka possessions early in games.  Even if he makes them.  I just feel like the offense has no movement besides getting a switch on Luka on a defender he wants to go at.   I feel the ball movement is much better, most times, when he is on the bench.   But, at times I feel I am being too critical because how special Luka is and I should realize he will do some poor things but you have to give him freedom to get the really great stuff. 

Luka is the big glaring player that stands out when you look at the data. 

In the last 15 games (150+ mins played):

SD: +14.8
DB: +8.8
JB: +8.8
MK: +4.0
DFS: +1.4
RB: -1.7
DP: -2.9
JG: -9.6
Luka: -18.3

The Luka minutes have been REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad. The Mavs have gotten outscored by 6.2 points/100 possessions when he has played, but when he has been on the bench? The team has been AWESOME. Just AWESOME: +12.1. 

I am not saying that is all Luka, it is complicated, but the team is NOT playing well with him on the court right now. Period. 

1) His defense has been atrocious. As @"dirkfansince1998" said last night he is "coasting." I personally think he looks like he is laboring again. Is it injury? Is it worn down? Is it weight coming back, slipping back into bad diet?

2) The O is 1.8 worse with him playing in this stretch too. Ball movement is worse when he is playing. Him getting his three ball to go is GREAT, but it has led to more and more "no-pass" possessions. 

Everything hinges on Luka. He gets back in the groove and this team can be a contender. He plays like this and they will lose in the 1st round AGAIN.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 75: UTA (45-30) @ DAL (46-29) | 114-100 win - by Kammrath - 03-28-2022, 10:28 AM