Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE GREEN MACHINE: The Subtle Emergence of Josh Green
(07-03-2023, 08:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I did just check and can confirm Green is listed as 6'7 and 200lbs.

If he's actually 6'7, does he not already solve the need for a defensive minded SF?

Yes, he’s a fit.

But, like Thybulle, he’s best when guarding DOWN a position. The Mavs need a guy who’s a 4/3, not a 3/2. Someone suited to guard FORWARDS. OMAX is that guy for sure, but he’s the only one they have and you can liters;lay not have enough of them. It’s the most important defensive tool in your belt, in my opinion.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • JBB, myconsumerclub
Like Reply
it also says that Pinson is 6'7" and I too have wondered about Greens real size.
Like Reply
The NBA has been lying about players' height for years. Two examples, Charles Barkley was listed as 6'6 during his playing days, and his actual height is 6'4. Ben Wallace was listed as 6'9, actual height of 6'7. So it wouldn't surprise me if Josh Green were 6'4 or 6'5.
Like Reply
All you have to do is watch him on the court. You can tell he's not close to 6'6. He looks to me more like 6'4, 6'5 absolute max. He doesn't really look much if any taller than Hardy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dundalis's post:
  • ItsGoTime, omahen
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 10:09 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yeah, that is what I was thinking.  He looks 6'4 or 6'5 to me.  Long arms though.    

BTW, did we ever get an official measurement for height and arm length for Lively.  He didn't measure anything at the combine.  Just curious if he is really 7'1 with a 7'7 wingspan. Wouldn't it be a little disappointing if we hear he was 6'11 with a 7'3 wingspan Smile

Not sure about the height, but the clips of him on YT, he for sure has those super long spider arms. I def buy a 6 inch height to wingspan difference.
Like Reply
(07-03-2023, 10:07 PM)loki Wrote: He measured 6'4" without shoes at the 2020 Combine. Even with plenty of water and sunlight there's no way he grew 3 inches since then.

Quote:SleepingHero
I did just check and can confirm Green is listed as 6'7 and 200lbs.
If he's actually 6'7, does he not already solve the need for a defensive minded SF?

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-...ar=2020-21

6'4.5 without shoes. Which means he is legit 6'6 in NBA. He could have grown half an inch and became 6'5 without shoes which would make him 6'6.5 with shoes in NBA as adding 1.5 inch for shoes is the standard. But NBA usually approximate those half inches so could be listed as 6'7.
I would stay with 6'6 tbh. Which is still solid for SF btw although not ideal.
Interestingly, his weight at the combine was 214lb, he should have added weight by now, not lost one. I think being 225 lb os what to be expected. A 225 lb 6'6 wing is legit size for a wing SG/SF hybrid. For comparison OMax is 6'6.75 in height without shoes but 212 lb in weight and Prosper is 16 months older at time of draft.

Josh wingspan is 6'9.75 and standing reach is 8'5.5 are average for his size though..
Like Reply
Lets be realistic here. We saw Green play a couple of months ago. He didn't grow three inches since than and become a totally different player.
Like Reply
Guarding is fine but we need guys who can keep defenses honest as well. Josh Green seemed to spark for a while and his 3 pt percentage was good but I just don’t trust him at all. Not with his ability to score but with his mentality. It’s almost as if he doesn’t want to even if he has the best shot on the floor. Thybulle is also offensively challenged. To me Grant Williams is the one that stands out among those three. While I am in no rush to trade him, I would gladly send Josh out if Williams could be had. I have been a strong supporter of Josh but something is broken there that I am not sure anyone can ever fully fix
Like Reply
(07-04-2023, 07:38 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Guarding is fine but we need guys who can keep defenses honest as well. Josh Green seemed to spark for a while and his 3 pt percentage was good but I just don’t trust him at all. Not with his ability to score but with his mentality. It’s almost as if he doesn’t want to even if he has the best shot on the floor.  Thybulle is also offensively challenged.  To me Grant Williams is the one that stands out among those three.  While I am in no rush to trade him, I would gladly send Josh out if Williams could be had.  I have been a strong supporter of Josh but something is broken there that I am not sure anyone can ever fully fix

Josh was awesome when Luka and Kyrie were out. Like watching a totally different player. But immediately when they came back, he just dissapeared. 

However, I am more optimistic this is just a thing of confidence which can be solved. Once he breaks that mental barrier, he will be awesome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-04-2023, 08:03 AM)omahen Wrote: Josh was awesome when Luka and Kyrie were out. Like watching a totally different player. But immediately when they came back, he just dissapeared. 

However, I am more optimistic this is just a thing of confidence which can be solved. Once he breaks that mental barrier, he will be awesome.
What is with Aussies and confidence/offensive issues? Simmons, Thybulle and Green.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
I feel y'all are missing the fact that Green USED to be listed exactly at 6'5 on the NBA website until yesterday, when that height was changed and is now 6'7. I put the link of what the NBA website looked like on July 2nd 2022 and it said he was 6'5. 

NBA has gotten stricter on reporting players heights 3 years ago. I have no doubts Green coming into the league was 6'4 (or 6'5) without shoes, and thats exactly what was listed on his NBA profile just last year.

But its now changed. Today its 6'7. Whether or not that is really the case remains to be seen (it could be a mistake for all we know) but if Green did hit a growth spurt and is now 6'7 its a radical game changer.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
As long as it’s the same standard of measurement as all players it also doesn’t matter if he’s actually 6’2”.
Like Reply
(07-04-2023, 09:59 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I feel y'all are missing the fact that Green USED to be listed exactly at 6'5 on the NBA website until yesterday, when that height was changed and is now 6'7. I put the link of what the NBA website looked like on July 2nd 2022 and it said he was 6'5. 

NBA has gotten stricter on reporting players heights 3 years ago. I have no doubts Green coming into the league was 6'4 (or 6'5) without shoes, and thats exactly what was listed on his NBA profile just last year.

But its now changed. Today its 6'7. Whether or not that is really the case remains to be seen (it could be a mistake for all we know) but if Green did hit a growth spurt and is now 6'7 its a radical game changer.

It's good he is 6-7. But that didn't happen overnight. More importantly, JG's game is what it was 2 months ago when the season ended. And putting a tape measure on his height, to discover he is taller than we thought, didn't change anything, sad to say.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, omahen
Like Reply
(07-04-2023, 09:59 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: but if Green did hit a growth spurt and is now 6'7 its a radical game changer.

[Image: f29-300x157.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • hakeemfaan, omahen
Like Reply
2 inches is all the difference.

Ask any girl!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, MFFL
Like Reply
(07-04-2023, 01:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: 2 inches is all the difference.

Ask any girl!

I like that!
Like Reply
(07-04-2023, 08:03 AM)omahen Wrote: Josh was awesome when Luka and Kyrie were out. Like watching a totally different player. But immediately when they came back, he just dissapeared. 

That’s exactly why I don’t trust him.  Kidd gave him a lot of trust. There is no reason to fear Luka or Kyrie. When some ragged Hardy for overlooking Luka a couple of times when Hardy was hot, I defended Hardy. You need that confidence.  I am not saying chucking is good but passing a good shot because you don’t want to upset someone else is also just as bad.  With the former group at least you know they are willing to take the shots in big moments. With the latter group you just don’t know what they will do possession to possession let alone from game to game.
Like Reply
Come on Nico, can we get Josh some extensions already???

[Image: butler.png]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MikeRedacted/status/...75941?s=20
Like Reply
Yeah Josh Green is one of my important swing players for this team next year. He made some really nice improvements this year. He did hit a wall later in the season but finished the last few games strong. It is too bad we did not see how he handled a playoff atmosphere this year. It would have great to give him playoff reps.

So what is he moving forward? If this is what he is, then he is a solid good minute bench player who is probably a 10-12 million dollar player. 25 minutes range. If he has another jump in his game, then we really have something and SF may not be a area we need to use our good assets to fill. I have used Mikal Bridges as an example in the past. I don't think Green has the latest jump that Bridges did this past year. But can he get to the Bridges of two years ago? 14-15 points, good defense, smart player, good teammate??? That is a player that everyone wants. Bridges is 4 years older than Green. Lets see if Green can keep bumping up his level of play or if this is what he is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply