Poll: How many assists do JB+Luka+SD get? O/U 21.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
57.14%
4 57.14%
Under
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 69: DAL (43-26) vs BKN (36-34)| 113-111 WIN!!!!! DINSWISHIE
Mavs are winning clutch games. Mavs are winning national TV games. Am I dreaming?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 01:55 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Away game against one of the nba’s most talented teams. How on earth are we the favorites?

I am a new member here to the Mavs Board. I am a New Jersey Nets fan. I thought Kevin Durant had the win with his 3 point make but I was wrong.

Congratulations to all you Mavs fans
[-] The following 10 users Like WuKong's post:
  • ballsrchr, dirkfansince1998, Hypermav, Jommybone, Kammrath, KillerLeft, MFFL, ReunionMav, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...9837734915
Like Reply
KD game winner.

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Trying to stop myself from joining the hype train. Nets played without Kyrie. And if Simmons ever returns they have the best Luka defender in the league. East will have some interesting first round matchups.
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 09:09 PM)WuKong Wrote: I am a new member here to the Mavs Board. I am a New Jersey Nets fan. I thought Kevin Durant had the win with his 3 point make but I was wrong.

Congratulations to all you Mavs fans

See you in the finals  Angel
Like Reply
There were possessions down the stretch where Luka watches Dinwiddie and Brunson run the show. The Nets had to guard Luka but he was strictly an observer.

Its nice seeing the team stay dynamic without Luka having to resort to hero ball every time down the court.
[-] The following 6 users Like MFFL's post:
  • Arioch, ballsrchr, ItsGoTime, Kammrath, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
what a game.  What an ending.  Didn't think it was our night.  Couldn't keep them off the boards but this team just fights.  I really like a mentally tough team.  

I really like the contrast of style of plays with Luka, Jalen and Dinwiddie.  I am not a huge fan of all starting.  But we have only seen it a few games.  I think both Dinwiddie and Jalen sort of get lost when Luka starts the game looking to score.  Jalen is the efficient, high shot percentage, minimal mistake player who typically has trouble getting to the line a lot.  While Dinwiddie is the more natural scorer, can use his height to his advantage, and most importantly can get to the line to help him get his points.  And Luka is just Luka.   The nets defended him really good late.   There is nothing you can do.  Just hoped he missed.  He didn't.

Sterling was not good.  I will say being thrown in games when you really haven't played much the last 30 games is really tough.   Most players are rhythm players.  Trying to get back into a groove after so much time on the bench is really hard.  With that being said, hopefully his minutes are reduced.  I don't think they are needed.

Maxi is so valuable on defense but he really looks spooked right now on offense.   He needs to keep shooting though.  Hopefully this is just a little rut.  

I liked how Josh is not hesitating shooting the three when he has a good look.  Good.

That Nets team can be scary good.  I don't think they can win it this year as such a deep seed and so little time all playing together.  But if that team is healthy next year and Simmons is not finished, that team is the clear favorite imo.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr, Smitty
Like Reply
DFS just held Tatum to 7/23 and KD to 8/20.  Damn.
[-] The following 3 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • MFFL, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 09:18 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: DFS just held Tatum to 7/23 and KD to 8/20.  Damn.

? Mavs were doubling KD all night and half of the game he was guarded by Kleber.
[-] The following 5 users Like omahen's post:
  • ballsrchr, dirkfansince1998, HoosierDaddyKid, ItsGoTime, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 09:18 PM)omahen Wrote: ? Mavs were doubling KD all night and half of the game he was guarded by Kleber.

Fair enough.
Like Reply
Ya, DFS picked up KD duty about halfway through the 3rd and kept it to the end of the game when he was in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
This 3 guard lineup is fantastic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dirknows's post:
  • MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 09:27 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ya, DFS picked up KD duty about halfway through the 3rd and kept it to the end of the game when he was in.

Yep.  There were some bullshit calls like the one in the 2nd quarter were KD and Dorian were going for a loose ball.  Dorian had him in the clutch.  His footwork and contests were great on KD's two attempts prior to his go-ahead three with 10 second left when Dorian got wiped out by a screen.  Speaking of screens, I imagine Dorian and Josh are going to be sore tomorrow.  Josh look like he hit a brick wall a few times tonight.  And speaking of bullshit fouls, it's why we need to all hope DFS gets an all defensive nod.  That will reduce the frequency of those types of calls.

(03-16-2022, 09:29 PM)Dirknows Wrote: This 3 guard lineup is fantastic.

I was a touch worried that the SD addition was starting to eat into JB's mojo but that fear is tampered down a bit after tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 09:18 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: DFS just held Tatum to 7/23 and KD to 8/20.  Damn.

ALL NBA DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM

(03-16-2022, 09:18 PM)omahen Wrote: ? Mavs were doubling KD all night and half of the game he was guarded by Kleber.

You are 100% correct, but there were like 3 key possessions down the stretch Dodo came up big. But it was definitely a team effort in holding KD to 8/20 shooting tonight.

Also congrats to anyone who took the under. Luka+JB+SD put up 15 assists tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • cow, KillerLeft
Like Reply
We are still worried about Maxi's shooting, right?
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 10:53 PM)Hypermav Wrote: We are still worried about Maxi's shooting, right?
Such a complete collapse...I think he's just baiting everyone for a stellar playoff showing!
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 10:53 PM)Hypermav Wrote: We are still worried about Maxi's shooting, right?

I don't mind the misses but I do mind the hesitation and passing up open looks.  His confidence looks to be gone at this point.  Kidd, Luka, JB and SD need to make a concerted effort to get him some easy looks so he can see the ball go through the basket.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I knew we were in trouble when I saw that Luka had foolishly shaved his beard off.

Thankfully, the ESPN announcers kept harping on how Brooklyn had won 4 in a row. Not really a noteworthy streak, but just enough for the Mavs streak-breaking mojo to counterbalance Luka's lack of a beard.

Tongue
[-] The following 3 users Like Arioch's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Jommybone, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-16-2022, 09:03 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Feels like SD contributed more to winning basketball in two weeks than KP in his entire Mavs career.

Sure does. Well said.
Like Reply