Poll: How many points does Davis Bertans score tonight? O/U 12.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
10.00%
1 10.00%
Under
90.00%
9 90.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 65: UTA (40-24) vs. DAL (40-25) | 111-103 win
DFS - Gimme that!!
Like Reply
Kleber's 3 WIDE open 3's (missed) is NOT gonna cut it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
The “best defense” Jazz have absolutely no answer for us
Like Reply
That was a JKidd to Luka sales job.
Like Reply
Well if this is the playoff series we are in for another bad blood matchup like the Clippers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(03-07-2022, 10:14 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Well if this is the playoff series we are in for another bad blood matchup like the Clippers.
I was just thinking the same thing, new rivalry being born?

(03-07-2022, 10:04 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Kleber's 3 WIDE open 3's (missed) is NOT gonna cut it!
Now 4! Wow dude, those are practice 3's!
Like Reply
Reggie and Maxi on the struggle bus.  Being offset by DFS and Spencer insane hot streaks.  

DFS and Spence will cool off.  Hopefully Reggie and Maxi find their strokes.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-07-2022, 10:35 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Reggie and Maxi on the struggle bus.  Being offset by DFS and Spencer insane hot streaks.  

DFS and Spence will cool off.  Hopefully Reggie and Maxi find their strokes.
There were 2 Maxi drives that Rudy blocked, but I liked the aggressiveness of MK doing it. In all honesty, both times I think they were easy blocks, both Powell and Maxi don't know how to shoot in different ways to throw a shot blocker off.
Like Reply
Gobert was a liability on the court for them. Mitchell isn’t a batman. I’d be happy playing them 1st rd
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
Jazz are beatable when they aren't at home...but in Utah it's a completely different story
Like Reply
I like SD's post game answers, blunt and interesting.  He was also honest about teams "dropping" a game as needed for seeding purposes.  Not sure you are supposed to say that stuff happens, but everyone knows it does.
Like Reply
That 2-3 seed is still a realistic goal - 3.5 games behind with 17 to go
Like Reply
(03-07-2022, 11:38 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: That 2-3 seed is still a realistic goal - 3.5 games behind with 17 to go
Oof, that's a pretty big collapse from those teams at the top. If the Mavs just take care of their own business, let the chips fall where they may. Go into the playoffs with the knowledge that they can play with any team, and anything can happen for them!
Like Reply
Let's not lose sight that this game was a second night of a back to back. Although, we can claim we didn't have JB in there too!
Like Reply
(03-07-2022, 11:38 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: That 2-3 seed is still a realistic goal - 3.5 games behind with 17 to go

3.0 games behind the #2 seed....GSW lost tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 12:00 AM)Kammrath Wrote: 3.0 games behind the #2 seed....GSW lost tonight.

That's what I was thinking about when someone earlier thought that we should sink to the 6 to avoid Utah...  I was like - I think we should just blow past them and go win our division!  This team is legit and will likely end up with home court.  I'm thinking GS may drop a bit still.  

That said, there are not really many easy outs in the West.  Even the playin games will be tough.  Zion is coming back and that is going to be a tough matchup for someone.  Kinda excited to see what they are going to look like with their new big 3.
Like Reply
(03-07-2022, 07:58 PM)MrGoat Wrote: If we lose this one we should seriously consider trying to fall below Denver. We won the season series against Golden State and Memphis 3-1 a piece. But we're 0-2 against Utah, and a loss here would make it 0-3.

No need to dodge Utah. Especially if we stay this hot from 3.
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 01:40 AM)MrGoat Wrote: No need to dodge Utah. Especially if we stay this hot from 3.

Suns with a healthy CP3 is the only West coast team that actually scares me
We can beat anyone else with some health and 3 point shots on our side
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs are playing an entertaining style of basketball now.    The Jazz were not at their best last night.  Although I don't think we can take anything from them during the regular season.  They are a team that everything depends how they play in the playoffs....especially if they make it past the first round.  There are a lot of bad ghosts there.   Can they finally make a run?  They will be tough to beat at their home.

As far as the Mavs vs the Jazz, the whole thing depends on the pick and roll.   More directly, what happens when Gobert gets switched on Luka.  It appears the games are going to come down to that.   Who gets the better of the other.   It certainly feels the last five minutes it will be Luka vs Gobert.

This isn't a knock on Josh Green because he continues to make a positive impact, but he has some of the ugliest three point misses you can have.    Weird from a guy who was considered a solid shooter in college.  

DFS is in quite the rhythm right now.  Bullock's three point shot has gone a little cold, but he needs to keep shooting them.   Maxi got great looks but was off, but had some impactful defensive plays.  Dinwiddie was a really good last night.   He has learned quickly that playing next to Luka can be a little tough.   Like Jalen, you need to be efficient and wait your turn.  When Luka goes on a run to start games, you may not get many chances to create on your own until he goes out.   Dinwidddie didn't force anything but was ready when it was his chance to run the offense.
Like Reply
But MEM won so Mavs are 3.5 gms behind them for #2 now.
Like Reply