Poll: How many rebounds will Powell get this game? O/U 8.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
33.33%
3 33.33%
Under
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 64: SAC (24-42) vs. DAL (39-25) | 114-113 win
(03-06-2022, 02:19 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think part of it was that our defense was not really top 5 to begin with, part of it is typical small sample, and part of it is that we truly are missing a legit starting center.  KP missed a lot of games, but when he did play he provided very valuable rim protection as well as starting minutes.  I think the more games we go without him (or a center that can take on those minutes) the more Powell and Maxi are getting worn down and exposed.

Not sure if this about KP. Mavs actually had the best defensive stretch of the season when he was in healthy and safety protocols. Agree that the lack of legit defensive bigmen minutes is hurting the team defense. Reminds me a little bit of the Rockets when they played really good defense with RoCo/Tucker at center. Small and switchable lineups work.
Question is if teams and especially the front court players have the energy to do it all season long. Even teams like the Warriors usually have one big body that gives them 20 minutes per game.
Last two games without Maxi were brutal. Chriss is injured. Boban was the only big on the bench. At some point Luka was playing center.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 64: SAC (24-42) vs. DAL (39-25) | 114-113 win - by dirkfansince1998 - 03-06-2022, 02:30 PM