Poll: How many rebounds will Powell get this game? O/U 8.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
33.33%
3 33.33%
Under
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 64: SAC (24-42) vs. DAL (39-25) | 114-113 win
I went back and re-watched the game from about mid-3rd til the end focusing off the ball this time through.  The scrambling D was pretty amazing.  Lots of hero's here.  I'd highly recommend watching Brunson on the final possession where Barnes missed the game tying shot.  Sac. has a pretty good play drawn up and Brunson anticipated it brilliantly.  Certainly Green's game has been mentioned a lot and deservedly so.  I personally think he's already a better defender than Bullock (maybe a better player).  I'm just so worried about that huge $141,000 pay raise he's getting next year.  He's just so massively overpaid at $2.957mm.  I can't see any way he lives up to that raise Rolleyes .   

I continue to be concerned that we've lost our highly ranked D since the addition of the two new guys.  Starting with the first game everyone played (Miami), we've given up O-Ratings of 114.6, 125.2, 124.4, 104.5, 108.0, 124.3 and 115.1.  That won't get you in the top 10.  I will say that we always seem to have another gear we can turn on (except maybe the Utah game) for a quarter or so.  Kidd always seems to have a late game wrinkle he hasn't used the entire game that thwarts the other team's best player.  Great regular season coaching, but it won't be a surprise to the opponent in a seven game series.  The good news...our Offense has been brilliant.  The O-Rating for last seven games since the new guys started playing...123.8, 132.6, 118.9, 110.7, 113.2, 124.2 and 116.1.  For reference, Utah has the top rated O this season at 116.1.

I thought Dinwiddie tried too hard to be Luka in the first quarter.  Things went much better for him toward the end of the game.  I love when he attacks in early offense.  His overall numbers here are brilliant.  I'd love to see his 4th quarter numbers in isolation.  They've got to be off the charts.  BTW, since practically no one (besides me and Audiosway) had anything positive to say about Dinwiddie last summer or before the trade, I'll take with a grain of salt all of the prognostications about how Holmes won't fit here.  With the assets we have, trades we make will be for DISTRESSED assets.  You have to make a projection about how said reclamation project might fit on your team.  As we've seen with Dinwiddie, you can't just take numbers in the current situation as gospel.  

Finney, Finney, Finney.  Wow.  Fingers crossed that his post trade brilliance is from a permanent move to full time PF (with a little small-ball center mixed in for good measure).  82 games used to split out performance by position.  I'd love to see DFS as a PF vs. DFS as a SF.  Since the new guys joined the lineup, DFS is 14.3 points, 5.5 boards and is hitting .547% of his 3's.  If he keeps that up, we can forget about Collins or Tobias or Grant or (fill in the blank PF).  The position of need is either SF (Reggie) or C (Powell).  Either of those guys are just fine off the bench, but neither is a fourth starter.  Personally, I think we have Reggie's replacement on the roster already.  Anyone notice Finney took 11 THREE's yesterday?  That's surprisingly not a career high.  He's made 12 attempts twice in his career (once last season and once the season before) and he's made 10 attempts twice (once this season and once the season before last).  

We lost the rebounding war yesterday and just got pummeled in the paint.  But, we hit five more threes, had four fewer TO's and made 8 more FT's.  As bad and one-sided as the reffing seemed, we got nine more FT attempts...Thank you Spencer Dinwiddie.  My last mention will be Brunson.  We were falling apart at about the six minute mark in the 4th and SD was exhausted.  He came in, made a bucket and settled things down.  He made some fantastic plays down the stretch.  Now that we finally have this 3 ball-handler rotation, I hope we get to keep it.
[-] The following 12 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Arioch, ballsrchr, dirkfansince1998, Halfnir, ItsGoTime, Kammrath, KillerLeft, MFFL, mvossman, OBX Maverick, Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 64: SAC (24-42) vs. DAL (39-25) | 114-113 win - by DanSchwartzgan - 03-06-2022, 10:18 AM