Poll: How many rebounds will Powell get this game? O/U 8.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
33.33%
3 33.33%
Under
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 64: SAC (24-42) vs. DAL (39-25) | 114-113 win
(03-06-2022, 09:03 AM)Winter Wrote: I think dribbling is one thing. Being an offensive threat is another thing. When he has the ball, the opponent has to worry that with his speed he could blow past you. But the opponent doesn't have to worry about great handles, or backing you down for a jumper, or any sort of one-on-one threat in the half court. He's not that, and I don't expect him to be. Nor is he a 3-point threat so far.

I think he's still a "chaos" player with his speed. He won't have the same stats every night until his jumper is reliable. His speed makes him more interesting than, say, Sterling Smith or Frankie, but I don't think he's ever going to be a Desmond Bane. So while I tip my hat to the guy in games like this, I personally don't expect him to be a "good" player in the starter mold.

I personally think he's valuable as a trade piece in a package for a veteran player, but it's nice to know games like this are within his reach. I particularly liked seeing him scrap for rebounds.

I can’t get on board with this take. In my view, those weren’t scrappy rebounds. The Mavs were getting crushed on the boards (both ends) and Josh just figured out he could do the Luka thing and start grabbing them all. 

That’s only a wee bit of exaggeration. Dude checked in at the halfway point of the 3rd quarter and proceeded to grab 10 of the 21 rebounds available (I just counted) before checking out at the halfway point of the 4th. That’s not scrapping. That’s dominating.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • Arioch, DanSchwartzgan, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 64: SAC (24-42) vs. DAL (39-25) | 114-113 win - by Jommybone - 03-06-2022, 09:26 AM