Poll: How many rebounds will Powell get this game? O/U 8.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
33.33%
3 33.33%
Under
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 64: SAC (24-42) vs. DAL (39-25) | 114-113 win
Big Barnes elbow to Jalen’s face after that final shot. Hope he’s ok.
Like Reply
Wow....I cannot believe the Mavs survived that abomination of reffing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(03-05-2022, 07:33 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: DFS!!

haha you called it!

Lol I'm just a broken clock!
Like Reply
Team is really really easy to like!
[-] The following 3 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Jommybone, KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Wow, I turned it off before halftime and then watched the full fourth quarter.  It looks like Spence, Jalen, and Green all had good games.  Game ball goes to DFS though.  Two huge threes late with one being the game winner.  The three he made down 4 was huge as well.  So I am not sure how he played the rest of the game but he gets the game ball with those two shots.
Like Reply
Fox has got to be thinking how many points do I need to score?  I was pleased they didn't feed Sabonis, I think that was a mistake on their part.  Holmes is a non factor.
Like Reply
Does anyone miss KP right now
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-05-2022, 07:40 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I was pleased they didn't feed Sabonis, I think that was a mistake on their part.
Ya, considering what they paid to get him, you'd think they'd feature him more. Is that the Fox ego or coaching?
Like Reply
(03-05-2022, 07:40 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Fox has got to be thinking how many points do I need to score?  I was pleased they didn't feed Sabonis, I think that was a mistake on their part.  Holmes is a non factor.
I have only seen the Kings play a few times and not all the game tonight.  But my fear on Holmes after seeing him just a few times is if he is the same player from a few years ago.   He has had some injuries/covid this year, but he doesn't pass the eye test.  Now it could be frustration thinking he was the center of the future only to be coming off the bench now.   He is a tough evaluation for me if he is someone worth his salary.  Sometimes those guys who are undrafted/late round guys have a few good seasons and deservingly get good contracts but then not able to get to the same level of play.

And I agree.   They should have gone to Fox like they did.  When the Mavs doubled, every possession should have gone to Sabonis.  Thanks for not trying to go after our smaller lineup.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1500271872121974788
Like Reply
It's just a better brand of basketball without KP and even THJ. More of a team offense where the ball can move around
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...2741415939
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • Arioch, Smitty
Like Reply
Bad night for the Holmes crowd.

Got hunted and didn’t make a big impact. The opposite of those two things have been true a lot in the past but that was not a very enticing showing.
Like Reply
(03-05-2022, 07:40 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Fox has got to be thinking how many points do I need to score?  I was pleased they didn't feed Sabonis, I think that was a mistake on their part.  Holmes is a non factor.
Not impressed with Holmes either. I’m not sure how much he would play here 

Dorian shut down Sabonis in the 4th. Sabonis looks like he has potential though. Glad they stopped going to him
Like Reply
Holmes struggles make him more attractive to me. If we can get him for nuthin’, that would be sumthing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • Kammrath, mvossman
Like Reply
(03-05-2022, 09:44 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Holmes struggles

His heart is not in it. See Dinwiddie, Spencer & Bertans, Davis as examples.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, mvossman, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
I loved watching Green close the game. The energy was amazing. Green is growing a lot under Kidd
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(03-05-2022, 09:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: His heart is not in it. See Dinwiddie, Spencer & Bertans, Davis as examples.

Agreed to a degree.
I think motivation would have helped him in this game on both sides of the floor. Kind of hard to be motivated, when it seems like he isn't part of the offense. In defense? Even with effort from Holmes, I'm not sure he can keep up on isolations with SD and JB. Luka would have done the same to him. I figured Holmes should have done better than Sabonis, but the eye test says he didn't (they were both eaten alive). We're not sure how much of that is motivation or if our point guards are just too good for Holmes to handle.

I'm not thrilled with Holmes as I was before, but the Mavs need a C and if he doesn't cost too much (just THJ?), I am comfortable with a big man rotation of Maxi-DP-Holmes.
Like Reply
(03-05-2022, 09:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: His heart is not in it. See Dinwiddie, Spencer & Bertans, Davis as examples.

What did you expect? He's playing in Sactown. Probably needs a change of scenery.
Like Reply
(03-05-2022, 11:47 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Probably needs a change of scenery.

That was my point. He is a better player than he is showing right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply