Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NBA has to fix all-star weekend
(02-20-2022, 01:48 PM)cow Wrote: Convince the stars to get back into the dunk contest.  The dunk contest is the only thing interesting about the All-Star weekend with the exception of the last few minutes of the game.  I wish they'd go back to the more traditional 3PT contest too.  Having those Sprite balls and a money ball rack without removing the money ball from the rest of the rack just makes comparing the scores against historical performances less interesting.

I was thinking that too. The money rack doesn't make much sense to me. They'd never get rid of the SPRITE MOUNTAIN DEW ZONE™ because they'd never deny the sweet advertising dollars they bring in.

I remember reading an idea of bringing a 3v3 tournament of current and former players, like the BIG 3. How cool would it be to see Baron Davis vs. Deron Williams again? I'd much rather see that over a celebrity all-star game. 

They should also host more events of just players goofing off. I don't know what but I really enjoy watching Luka and Jokic throw the ball at each other. I mean wouldn't it be fun to watch an all-star game dodgeball contest? 

I'm just spit balling, but last night just wasn't it.

(02-20-2022, 02:10 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Mid season tournament. Winning players get $1 million. Winning team gets a draft pick between lottery and back end of 1st rd. One stage in December. One stage at all star break. Have it in Vegas every year. Take a few games off the regular season length

So instead of an all-star game you'd scrap it entirely and run a pseudo playoffs? 

I don't mind the mid season tournament idea but that prize is too good and breaks the draft. The only real prize is money and a trophy. If teams buy in and give it prestige then it could mimic the types of soccer cups we have every year.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The NBA has to fix all-star weekend - by cow - 02-20-2022, 01:48 PM
RE: The NBA has to fix all-star weekend - by SleepingHero - 02-20-2022, 02:29 PM