Poll: How many minutes combined will Bertans+Dinwiddie play? O/U 46.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
16.67%
2 16.67%
Under
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: DAL (34-24) @ MIA (37-21): 107-99 WIN!
(02-15-2022, 10:05 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Shout out to Kidd and his staff.

Really impressed as every game goes by at what they have done with these guys.

Yeah, the offense is getting better and better. And no matter how bad it looks, there is always a point in the second half where the defense goes up two notches and the Mavs make it a game.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, Kammrath, michaeltex, Smitty
Like Reply
Redemption game by Maxi, he needed this.
Davis Bertans, he has the body of a teenager but the heart of a lion!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • soog
Like Reply
I didn't think Mavs had it in them to turn it around. Heat played extremely physicaly and Mavs survived. Luka was really beaten hard
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
It´s great to see DFS and Maxi step up in the 2nd half but the game highlighted the problem others have already mentioned. If they aren´t performing the Mavs have no way to replace them. First half with bad Maxi/DFS wasn´t pretty. Second half with both of them playing great was one of the best performances of the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Omega_Supreme
Like Reply
Bertans is the prize from the trade. He will fit in perfectly on offense...him and Bullock together will force defenses to make a decision on how to guard the offense. 

Dinwiddie was not bad, good backup PG production. He is a career 79% FT shooter so I don't expect him to go 0-4 from the line again
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • Kammrath, ReunionMav
Like Reply
Apologies to Kamm and Nico. Ready to eat my humble pie  Smile
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 10:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, the offense is getting better and better. And no matter how bad it looks, there is always a point in the second half where the defense goes up two notches and the Mavs make it a game.

I said it earlier in the season, but it is SO nice to know the Mavs can get themselves back in a game with their D. Love. It.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Arioch, KillerLeft, ReunionMav
Like Reply
Luka, JB, Maxi, DFS and DP three years later are better than the best in the east on defense.  Pretty incredible growth from the core.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • KillerLeft, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 10:05 PM)burekemde Wrote: Luka always adapts.

This team is dependent on Maxi playing big minutes. Our only defender that can protect the rim. Without KP, he will have a huge role, most likely next most important other than Luka.

Dinwiddie was amazing. He has already transformed the second unit. You can immediately see how great playmaker he is. He can run the second unit as Luka runs the first unit.

Bertans is a shooter on another level than any of our other players. You see it even if he misses. His motions is just on another level.

All in all this will be a great trade. But only if Maxi can deal with huge minutes.

Dinwiddie was trying to find his attack areas and not be too aggressive but once he gets his rhythm, yes you are right he will do really well. I love the additions. 

Bertans is a very natural fit on our rost.er
Like Reply
Dameris made a good point post-game.  Bench last game, 4 pts.  Bench this game, 38 pts..
[-] The following 5 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL, michaeltex, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 10:24 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Dameris made a good point post-game.  Bench last game, 4 pts.  Bench this game, 38 pts..

He reads the board
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Kammrath, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 10:14 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Bertans is the prize from the trade. He will fit in perfectly on offense...him and Bullock together will force defenses to make a decision on how to guard the offense. 

Dinwiddie was not bad, good backup PG production. He is a career 79% FT shooter so I don't expect him to go 0-4 from the line again

I think we'd be heaping praises on Dinwiddie too had he made all of his free throws. 

8 points and 5 assists in 23 minutes is a classic Barea statline. That's not an easy thing to do in your first game on a new team. Still think he'll take the longest time to settle into a role.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, KillerLeft, Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
Credit to Kidd for locking down the defense and diversifying the offense. It's games like this where it really pays off.

https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...8570982406
[-] The following 5 users Like Tyler's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, michaeltex, ReunionMav, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 10:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think we'd be heaping praises on Dinwiddie too had he made all of his free throws. 

Yeah, my wishful thinking is that -17 at halftime and only -3 at the final buzzer is an indication that he found something closer to a role that will work for him as the game went on. 

Some nice drives. Some nice layups. Some nice dishes. Some REALLY nice quick ball-movement passes. Defense wasn't terrible (one really ineffective closeout to the corner bothered me early). 

All in all, not too shabby, I suppose.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1493790136760418306

(02-15-2022, 10:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, my wishful thinking is that -17 at halftime and only -3 at the final buzzer is an indication that he found something closer to a role that will work for him as the game went on. 

Some nice drives. Some nice layups. Some nice dishes. Some REALLY nice quick ball-movement passes. Defense wasn't terrible (one really ineffective closeout to the corner bothered me early). 

All in all, not too shabby, I suppose.

I REALLY liked his quick ball-movement passes. The only other guy on this team that does that is Green. It's an underrated thing. Keeping the ball moving keeps guys involved. He had a couple of quick explosive moves to the rim as well that I was surprised by.

It was an up and down game against a really good Miami team. I'm definitely more optimistic about his and Bertans fit after tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/1493791429176533001?s=20&t=9XKJOmgrFpFWiMoYFqOgWw
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Omega_Supreme
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/tropicalblanket/stat...8333704192
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • audiosway, KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...2221659140
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(02-15-2022, 10:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/tropicalblanket/stat...8333704192

That is what I was pointing to the other day. The Mavs have a team full of good sized basketball players. I think Centers are dead in the league unless they can play outside in. That's why I never wanted KP. He wasn't a real unicorn. KD, Jokic, Embiid, and Giannis are unicorns. KP is a giraffe. He's really tall but all that he can do is eat from the top of the trees. He needs to pick up the dribble fast or it will get stolen.

Tonight's game showed exactly what I hoped to see. Bertans can slot into that role that Rick had KP playing and have a blast doing it. KP complained even though it made the offense elite. I also expect SD to pick it up as he goes. By the end of the season we should see him taking up a lot of those THJ minutes and running the bench team. I think he will be averaging around 15/5 off the bench.

That combined with Bertans is a huge pickup for KP which was just clogging the lane.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 5 users Like audiosway's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, Kammrath, KillerLeft, michaeltex, Smitty
Like Reply
Maxi had a fantastic game and I really enjoyed Bertans shooting the 3 but I most enjoyed the absolute HUSTLE from Green with the starting lineup. I wish there was a way to keep him starting.

And if the Mavs have a Free throw coach, he needs to be fired!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply