Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(03-04-2022, 05:33 PM)Jym Wrote:  I hated on it at first, but it'll be a clear win of a trade if Bertans can get his shot back
Dinwiddie has been a perfect fit so far

What SD is bringing makes it a win, regardless of what DB does, so long as SD can continue to bring that same caliber of contribution. I don't see why he couldn't -- SD's contribution is just a player with some proven skills, using them where they fit.

Re DB's shot, if I worked for Mavs, I'd be scouring old tape when he was with Spurs and when Brooks was coaching the Wiz, to see what they did to get him more shots and better looks. The defensive book is written on DB - if he's your man, don't leave him, no matter what - which opens the floor for others. But the flip side is that if your role is "shooter," your desire to make a contribution means you'll shoot from somewhere, so too frequently he's forcing up "whatever he can get." Plus, the Mavs have others who love to camp in the corners (and can make them) which keeps him from getting more shots there. So I think a big part of making him a consistent weapon is figuring out how to get him good looks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by F Gump - 03-04-2022, 06:23 PM