Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-26-2022, 03:48 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Not offended, I just think we’re talking past eachother. What I’m trying to describe is as a viewer, having confidence in the players shot. I never got very confident in THJ’s shot going in. When I watched Fisher, Paxson, Kerr, Horry, I was pretty confident their shot would after watching it happen time and again (many times in horror). I’m not fully there with Luka although he’s close. With Dirk, you knew it when you watched his windup and release (there were times he didn’t square up his body to the rim or was rushed where the confidence lessened). Blackman was there to me.
One important difference regarding the confidence about a shooters shot is going to fall is imho what side you're on: you're happy for a moment when the opponent's shooter misses, but if not it's kind of a confirmation of how good he is.

Otoh if your own shooter misses, you're frustrated (at least when the shot was wide open), but the positive feeling when the shot actually goes down is usually not as good as when the other misses, because he simply had to make that one.

So to me this is a very subjective topic but a good measurement for a shooters abilities is still shots made together with the %. Which is why we should love having Bertans because he is an elite shooter.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by WillE - 02-27-2022, 02:18 AM