Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-26-2022, 02:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seems like you're offended, somehow. Not my intention, sorry. I just disagree with you about this, that's all. There is no shooter who shoots their average over a smaller selection of shots. They ALL get to 40%, or 42%, or 33%, or whatever, the exact same way. Hot some nights, cold some others. All of their team's fans think the other teams' shooters are "consistent" while theirs are "streaky."
Not offended, I just think we’re talking past eachother. What I’m trying to describe is as a viewer, having confidence in the players shot. I never got very confident in THJ’s shot going in. When I watched Fisher, Paxson, Kerr, Horry, I was pretty confident their shot would after watching it happen time and again (many times in horror). I’m not fully there with Luka although he’s close. With Dirk, you knew it when you watched his windup and release (there were times he didn’t square up his body to the rim or was rushed where the confidence lessened). Blackman was there to me.

I liked the post with the JET reference, but am one of those who you later pointed out that was never there with him either. He, to me, is closer to THJ than he is Kerr.

Yes, with shooting players there is an ebb and flow to their % game-to-game. The greats had less ebb and more flow. Their shooting graphs look closer to a wave than a rollercoaster. 

It may be that I need to adjust my thinking about it too. There are a TON more 3’s being shot nowadays. That’s not necessarily a good thing though for some shooters.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by ItsGoTime - 02-26-2022, 03:48 PM