Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-26-2022, 02:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This kind of proves my point. 

Not sure if this applies to you, specifically, but most of the same people here who hate THJ and are now doing their best to hate Bertans HATED JET. For like 5 years I read on DB.com forum how "inconsistent" and "streaky" JET was, and how "he can't even shoot anymore" and how they had to get rid of him and blah, blah, blah. It was obvious he was the team's 2nd best player, and that the entire offense was built around him. Obvious. 

Now, those cold shooting nights are starting to fade from memory and all we remember is the GOOD stuff. 

I don't think Hardaway will make it here as long as JET did, and even if he does, I don't think he's nearly the overall player that JET was, but make no mistake - the complainers hated him with a passion. They're still here today, living among us. Waiting in the shadows, patiently searching for things to complain about!

I think its reasonable for folks to get frustrated with shoot only players.  When the shot is off they provide nothing on the court.  Bullock's shot was a disaster the first two months of the season, but at least he was playing quality defense on the other end.  I have never been a fan of that kind of player, especially at the contracts THJ and Bertans are on.  I much prefer a 3&D player like Maxi, DFS or Bullock for 10-12 mil, especially when we will almost always have two guys on the court that can create for themselves and others but are limited on the defensive end.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by mvossman - 02-26-2022, 03:47 PM