Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-18-2022, 04:56 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: KP didn't control where he goes since he was RFA. That wasn't the worry, even if signed an offer sheet we would have matched, and remember other teams could only offer him 4 years. 
I think main fear was KP agreeing a short contract with another team and forcing us to match, basically 3+1 and then he could have forced his way out after 2 years (i.e before contract year) as many stars do.
We just wanted a commitment from both sides and truly believed in him and went all in. 
Had KP met expectations,  that strategy won't be bad tbh

You are correct. 

I just remember the MBT spending a lot of energy to make KP feel wanted here. To the point of getting his family and personal trainer involved in the rehab process. There was the collective held breath about getting him signed. Some talk about maybe putting in injury clauses, but nobody wanted to make those kind of waves with a high profile expiring contract. Maybe the expectation was that, in treating KP generously, others would be drawn to DAL. 

Doesn't seem to have worked so far.

Of course, it's all now buyers regret.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by michaeltex - 02-19-2022, 08:34 PM