Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-18-2022, 02:34 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Bob was largely in agreement with this, but held Gobert out as an exception because his D is just so impactful.  He cited numbers that show Gobert being "played off the court in the playoffs" is an exaggeration.  

Bob had lots of little nuggets...especially any time he mentioned how a player looked on "his rating system".  He liked the idea of going after SD in free agency.  There was a nice conversation about small ball centers of the past which had me wanting to go look for a 4/3 who could also help with our center depth.  I know, I know...not enough minutes to go around already.  But, DFS can play multiple positions.  The problem is finding they guy that fits that mold that you want to give minutes in both the regular rotation and the small-ball rotation.  I mean finding a guy like that is almost like finding a ..... unicorn.

Finding the next Draymond Green would be nice.  I kind of disagree about not enough minutes though.  We are stuck with Powell for another season but DFS and Maxi are the only quality guys we have that can play the 4 (Maxi/DFS) and 5 (Maxi).    I'm a little curious about our very own Feron Hunt.  1.4 Steals, 1.1 Blocks and 8.1 boards per game, his defensive rating isn't great though.  Still hoping he can be a DFS starter kit albeit with a lower defensive ceiling but much higher offensive ceiling.

edit:  I like Gobert a lot and would be more comfortable paying him a lot of money
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by cow - 02-18-2022, 03:17 PM