Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-15-2022, 10:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I actually agree with this mindset. Boban's value in the lockerroom and general fan engagement is more than worth his contract and roster spot. Plus it helps he can actually score a bit when he gets in the game. Perfect 15th guy imo. 

That seems like a good point. There was a game recently where Kidd unexpectedly put Boban in for 2 or 3 minutes and then took him out for good. But the crowd went wild, and the Mavs picked up their energy after that. During the COVID empty stadiums, some of the NBA players were saying that they normally draw their energy from the fans. If Boban can gin up some fan energy on a night where it's lacking, that's probably a good "secret weapon."

I know those Cato comments on Dragic are a couple of days old by now, but I can't get over the main reason why Dragic wants to come here is to play with Luka. He said as such himself. That hasn't changed. And I still think there's a valid role for him on the team anyways.

As I remember it, Dragic said he would like to play with Luka professionally before he retires. In an interview with their fellow Slovenian, Iztok, within the last few days, Iztok said that he thinks Goran chose his words poorly. Dragic was making the remarks to some Slovenian reporters, and Iztok thinks Goran might have raised expectations that he hadn't really meant to. 

Just passing along another tidbit of information. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by nielyn - 02-16-2022, 12:05 PM