Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-15-2022, 06:11 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Thanks for posting.  Where did you find that?

That is super depressing.  Cuban is the owner so it is no surprise he has ultimate yes/no authority.  But if this is true above, we can all do the countdown to Luka leaving.   If Mark is making roster build/design decisions on talent, this is a lost cause.   Super downer.

It is from a combination of articles/podcasts -- points I hadn't seen discussed much. I think some of the more forthright comments may have been in one of Mavs Moneyball's green rooms. 

I might have stated it too negatively. Cato was taking a more neutral attitude toward it, reporting what his sources were saying, mostly, rather than saying things were good or bad. 

Supposedly, Cuban became low-key willing to trade KP, if the return was right, early in 2021, aided by KP indicating he would be receptive to that. But they never found a deal they thought was acceptable. Tim initially thought that they hadn't gotten any deals they were willing to do at this deadline either, but then the day before the deadline, the Mavs started aggressively looking for a deal for KP, and this was the offer they got. 

He seemed pretty confident in his information regarding Nico's responsibilities this season. Also thought it was just what made sense, given Nico's rich background in organizational management and the Mavs' need for restructuring, together with Nico's lack of any experience in roster management. That wasn't to say that Nico didn't have a role in roster decisions, just not the primary role. 

The Boban thing was definitely a Cuban-made-this-decision, but it reportedly wasn't made based on talent. More like, the 15th man isn't going to play anyway, might as well get a guy that the fans will love.

I think the Dragic thing was Cato's opinion. He didn't say it was sourced, anyway. But it makes sense. 

None of this was presented in the sense of this is the way things are going to be forever. More, this is what has happened so far. But I still thought it was interesting.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by nielyn - 02-15-2022, 06:31 PM