Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-15-2022, 04:25 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: That is EXACTLY why this team traded KP for Dinwiddie and Bertans.

Well, that and flexibility. 

But my point is that teams can force Luka into being a scorer because when teams switch the Mavs didn't have anyone else who could consistently exploit their matchup and win. Maybe this year's version of Brunson can, but he couldn't win often enough against the Clippers length last year and I doubt he's grown an inch since high school. 

Dinwiddie gives this team another player who can win one-on-one when team's switch. 

Bertans gives this team a movement shooter who can cause certain problems that our stationary shooters like DFS and Kleber can't.

Fully agree, the flexibility on offense will be so much better. Bertans and Dinwiddie will far improve our offense flexibility and to get others involved and not only run Luka iso offense. But on defensive side? One KP is far better than what SD or Bertans combined can provide. We will face some tough matchups where we would wish we had KP. It all comes down to Maxi playing huge minutes, his role must and im fully convinced will increase. In case Maxi would not be able to play, this team will play without a true rim protector, which is essentially checkmate (against us) even with the offensive flexibility. All in all, I love the trade, and I believe Maxi will hold on the defensive side his increased role, while the increase flexibility on offense will outweight the defensive losses of KP gone.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by burekemde - 02-15-2022, 05:24 PM