Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-14-2022, 08:08 PM)mvossman Wrote: I mean lets be honest, did you see it being this bad?  I can understand the argument that KP had little value, but did you really think we would have to take on this bad of assets just to dump him?  I would have been disappointed but understood if we dumped him for expirings, but this was just so bad.  KP could never play another game in his career and the Wiz still probably got the better end of this deal.

I wanted to trade him for Wiggins when people still thought that he was a bust on a terrible contract so I was definitely really low on him. Clearly had him in the negative value category but...no I didn´t expect it to be as bad.
Difference is that for me this is just slightly below my expectations. Looking at some of the trade proposals it seems like many posters expected a near allstar package or thought that KP and minor assets could land the Mavs a star player. Easy to understand why they think the trade was a disaster if that was the starting point. We aren´t even close to Siakam, Turner, Sabonis or Ben Simmons value. Aren´t even close to neutral value.
What now? I guess we can continue to complain or deny that his value was as bad as the trade suggests but that won´t change a thing. Looking at the reports the Mavs tried to find other trades. There just wasn´t any interest.

If we can accept that the trade isn´t looking as terrible. Just two teams exchanging bad salary. Hoping that a new situation can help the involved players.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-14-2022, 08:32 PM