Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-14-2022, 01:32 PM)mvossman Wrote: Does Bertans fit like a glove?  Is he going to P&R and P&P with Luka like we were hoping KP would do?

I think this is a great point and valid pushback on the careless wording of mine. No, Bertans does not represent an increase in possibilities for offensive creation. He's not the missing two-main game partner we hoped Porzingis was. Good point taken. 

But, Porzingis wasn't that player. At his most effective here (in terms of synergy) HE was standing in the corner, taking the occasional 3. He hated it. Bertans wants to do that, and might actually do that portion of Porzingis's job considerably better than KP did. 

Instead of a guy standing in the paint with his hand up, signaling the approach of another classic, rushed, turn-around brick we'll at least have the guy (and hopefully, his defender) on the perimeter. Shots might still brick, but at least there's a higher chance of there being some kind of space for Luka to do his thing before they do.  

That's all I meant by "fits like a glove" which I agree is too strongly worded.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-14-2022, 02:33 PM