Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
Cato and Robbins (Washington beat writer for The Athletic) discussed the trade. This is what Robbins had to say:
- Dinwiddie 
The Wizards signed Dinwiddie to star alongside Beal, but when they played together, Dinwiddie was oddly passive. I don’t think it had much to do with Dinwiddie’s return from a January 2021 knee surgery. Some, but not a lot.

I think Dinwiddie didn’t have the ball in his hands enough. Beal served as the point guard often, even when Dinwiddie was on the floor, and Dinwiddie was not comfortable playing off the ball. 

But I think the biggest issue for him is having the ball in his hands. There were sequences when he was stationed in one of the corners when Beal or someone else would have the ball. If he’s deployed off the ball, his impact on games will be minimal.

- Bertans
But when he’s not hitting his 3s, he’s almost unplayable. He’s not agile enough to defend smalls and not strong enough to guard bigs, though to his credit, he’s not afraid to commit a hard foul. 

I think he has a chance of fitting better in Dallas than in Washington. He’s had problems staying healthy this season, and that would disrupt anyone’s shooting rhythm, even Bertāns’. So if he can remain injury-free, there’s a chance he’ll regain his shooting stroke.

My comment: I am even more worried about Brunson. Looks like he will be relegated to play off ball full time. Far from wanting to lead a team.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Not an evil robot
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by omahen - 02-14-2022, 01:58 PM