Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-13-2022, 01:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Bertans, on the other hand, would seem to fit this team like a glove, as all the things they needed to do with Porzingis that he was just not happy doing are the things Bertans wants to do. I guess the only issue with him is about whether or not he is even still a good player anywhere. 

Does Bertans fit like a glove?  Is he going to P&R and P&P with Luka like we were hoping KP would do?  Or is he just going to sit in the corner and take the occasional 3?

Does his defense fit on this team?  I thought our issues with THJ was that his defense was bringing the team down and his offense was one dimensional.  Bertrans is a worse defender and even more one dimensional offensive player.  I'm struggling to see how he fits this team?

Unless he/Kidd figures out how to not be a complete negative on the defensive end, it seems like we are looking a 10-15 minute a game player who wont be anywhere near worth his contract, but will play just enough to get his final year.

A lot of things have to go just right for this trade not to be a complete disaster.  I can't believe KP value was this low.  Its hard for me to see how this team can be contender level anytime soon.  Our talent level went down, our cap situation and contract situation went down.  We have no assets.  This trade really crushed just about any hope I had.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by mvossman - 02-14-2022, 01:32 PM