Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-12-2022, 11:32 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I don't know if it is this exact construct, but I think something like this is the idea.  

A few other thoughts:  

* The TPE is good until 7/31, so we are able use it at the draft (June 23) and during free agency.   

* Even if we clear up 23, I'm not sure we can do 25, 27 and 29 yet (too lazy to look).  We can do 22/25/27 after the draft pick is made.

* Maxi is non-guaranteed if decision is made prior to 7/3/22.  Powell is fully expiring for 23/24.  Both might be better money savers than SD and RB.

* Green might be a casualty in this.  I think he has late first round value.  I love the way he defends and don't want to lose him.  

* I don't think this is the plan, but BYC on Brunson on a deal starting in the $18mm-$20mm range can be overcome fairly easily.

* Because DFS is not signed, he can be traded in the new NBA year.  Again, probably not the plan unless the player you are going after plays his position.

The more interesting question to me is what is our biggest need.  It is easy to look at Powell/Maxi at C and point to that, but the position requires a certain amount of mobility.  Big plodding shot blockers need not apply.  As much as we love DFS, he's probably middle of the pack as a PF.  Bullock is starting now and your deal just traded him away.  So, is a returning wing what we need?  Does Brunson as outgoing get you in the conversation for Lillard?  Since Luka is basically position-less, you can deal for just about any position.
You say it better than i can. This is it though. Luka is position-less and all possibilities are open. Anyone can play with Luka. We could just be opportunistic and go best player available. Just an all around two way player. 

Good point on the FRP’s and TPE too. Of immediate importance is using the TPE and the 22 FRP. I’d like to see us use the TPE to pick up an asset from a tax paying team where we take on an expiring contract. Then turn around and package: TPE asset, 22 FRP, and Green for best player available on draft night

We would still be set up to do ‘25, ‘27, ‘29 the following summer
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by Jason Terry - 02-12-2022, 11:54 AM