Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
This deal is basically a repeat of the Ralph Sampson for Joe Berry Carroll and Sleepy Floyd trade in the last 1980s. Ironically, Sampson is the player Zinger most reminds me of with his super tall, awkward, and injury prone body type. Like KP, some considered him a franchise type player, but he actually wasn’t that good, even in his short lived prime — he just looked like an all star to the uninitiated. He didn’t last long once the injuries started and neither will Zinger. Like Dallas, Houston got massacred for that trade, but in the end, none of the players, though all “names”, were particularly important in the NBA.  For what it’s worth, Houston clearly “won” that trade, though winning just meant they ate a more edible end of a massive $hit sandwich. We’ll look back on this trade and two things will probably be true. Dallas will have won the trade, and none of the players will prove particularly valuable. 

But hey, I’m still kind of excited to see the new guys, and I could be wrong about them. I’m pretty sure I’m not wrong about Zinger though. He’s got another 50-100 quality games left in that body, at most.
[-] The following 6 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • AgGiE1991, ballsrchr, DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, michaeltex, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by ThisIStheYear - 02-12-2022, 11:24 AM