Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-12-2022, 09:16 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think that is clearly the plan, and not a bad one.   A few things though:
1) it feels like we are treading water until we find that trade.  To be in this stage with Luka at his level of play is just depressing.  Maybe necessary though.
2) Does that above package get you a true star? Not sure.   I guess when a star wants to force his way to a team, it can happen.  Does that ever happen with the Mavs?  Plus there are teams with full war chests that can put similar to much better offers on the table.
3) I just wish the two guys we picked up were more attractive assets.   Maybe they will turn into those assets but as of now I have trouble seeing them being plus assets to either contenders or rebuilding teams.    When we get closer to their end of their contracts, maybe their is valuation as expiring contracts.

Great, balanced take on this. I believe the emboldened point is what separates those who are angry from those who are more accepting. On the rest, I believe 90% of us agree, and we're all in some stage of depression over the situation, for sure.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-12-2022, 09:20 AM