Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-12-2022, 07:58 AM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: I think that the main problem for the Mavs is that they don't have a plan what to do. People who are responsible and are earning millions of dollars, just don't have emotions for the club/franchise, respect to the fans (like in europe) and the club is only ''their private toy'' to play with. 

In my opinion we will sooner or later be in the another rebuild mode. It will just depend if we will be in the situation like Boston (happy with 1 playoff round) or we will go into full rebuild mode like Portland. 

If we look at the roster in the last 3-4 seasons we can see that roster is been worse by each season. It's everything on the players and theirs indvidual improvment that results were better every season.

The only thing which can save this is situation is to be very lucky in the draft. FA dreams went and FO can't put a good trade.

The biggest problem with this trade is that the ''people who played with theirs toys'' they left a mess. 

They are adding secondary ballhandling with Dinwiddie? Let's be real, we've been searching for secondary ballhandling mainly in positions 2-3 and loooking for a players like Kawhi, Paul George, Middleton... 

Did FO think about how the players will accept their roles in the system? Will Dinwiddie be happy and accept to be just a back-up point guard to Luka and Brunson, while being the 2 most paid player in the team?

I'm not here for talking about Dragič, but in comparison with Dinwiddie, he is exactly this. Veteran back-up point guard and also expiring.

They added shooting with Bertans? Who is making 16 mil. per year to be bench player? Let's be real, they've been searching for shooting on position 2-3 after Hardaway injury and maybe looking for more consistent shooter like Tim.

Did FO think what will do with Bertans after Hardaway is back? He will also get his minutes at the 3 and DFS at the 4 so roster will look like:

Powell - Chriss - Boban
DFS - Kleber - Bertans
Bullock - Green
Brunson - Hardaway 
Luka - Dinwiddie - Ntilkina - Burke

So with this trade they managed to get rid of any big man scoring and rim protection to get back:

1. A player who is making 16 milion per year to be end bench player and 3 option on his position?

2. A back up point guard who is making 18 per year and you don't know how will he even accept his bench role? While also having your all star player in the same position.

1. draft well could be 1 option to save this mess. 

2. Is trade, but can someone please give a list of players on positions 5-4 who could potentially replace KP?

Looking forward, this team needs a PF and a C.  Personally, I think the PF will be the hard one to find.   I think that needs to be your 2nd or 3rd best player.  That is who I would use my assets for.   I think centers can be found.  But Dallas needs to upgrade a center as well.   I really like how Powell has been playing but looking into the future, having someone better than Powell would be great.   Powell is fine backing up playing 20 plus minutes a night imo.  

I am going to have an open mind on both new guys.   In theory, this team could really use Dinwiddie's skill set.  In reality, when I watch his highlights I see a guy who takes a lot of bad threes and looks like he is not quite as quick getting to the rim since injury.  Can he get it back?   I just have trouble seeing how he can rebuild his trade value to make him more attractive to teams.  I can see it, but it is tricky.  Don't even get me started on him being insurance in case Jalen leaves.  Yuck.

I could see a role for Bertans here.    And play that we think is pretty good.  Although, I don't think he is ever going to be a plus tradeable asset on his current contract.  

I just have a mess of thoughts right now.    I am all over the place.  May need to take a little break to gather my thoughts better.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by Chicagojk - 02-12-2022, 08:31 AM