Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 10:52 PM)cow Wrote: The only way you are going to get value on a S&T for Jalen now is if the team is cap strapped.  New York fits that description but the Piston have a ton of cap space.  And I don't think a S&T at this juncture is going to give much value back.  And I don't think Jalen should take a discount.  This is his first and maybe last crack at generational wealth.  Beyond that, he's earned it.  That's coming from me, someone who really didn't like him his first three years.

I do share the thought that he is more limited than his regular season numbers show as I think better teams will be able to put the clamps on him and abuse him defensively on the other end, but the Mavs just don't have a lot of better options at this point.  I do think the upside of Luka/Jalen is probably Dame/CJ, but that's better than nothing and it's not like we have another Jalen on a rookie contract waiting in the wings.  Windhorst did mention that he hears a lot of teams talking about Jalen, more so than any non-superstar that he can remember.  It's also a weak free agency class.  Jalen improves every year.  The $18-20m numbers don't scare me as much anymore.  I judge contract value on what it would take to move him and in Jalen's case, I think he'd be easy to move and certainly a nice piece to add to a bigger trade should the opportunity ever present itself.

Jalen, Dorian and Luka is a fun core to cheer for.  A trio we watched grow before our very eyes.

Funny that you mention that. I came back here to comment that I was just thinking about him not bringing much back as a S&T. In that case I'm all into signing him and building him up for the TDL next year. I still love Jalen. I think he deserves getting paid as he's a great young player.

That said, I really feel that the league is built on winning with mid sized guys that can dribble, shoot, and defend. I think the days of big men ruling the league are gone unless they can dribble and create a shot. That's why I was glad to see KP go. I seriously think that Jalen will become a liability at times in the playoffs. Unless, he learns some of what Barea could do. That would change my opinion of it. But, if he doesn't I would rather build him up to flip him for a wing player.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by audiosway - 02-12-2022, 12:00 AM