Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 09:21 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: https://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs...850937.php

Quote:“Pop is a good scout,” Brooks said. “He nailed it on him when I talked to him over the summer after we made the trade. He said, ‘He’s more than a shooter, the guy is a player. He can put it on the floor, he finishes around the rim, he competes, he contests shots, great guy. A little bit of a smart aleck.’”

“We love him,” Brooks said. “I love coaching him. I hope to coach him for a long time. I like his energy. I like his toughness. Like Pop said and like we all know now, he’s not just a jump shooter. He does that at a high, high, high, high level you don’t see often with his length (6-foot-10) … but he also knows how to play and has toughness. He just has this mentality that he’s going to make the next shot no matter how many times he’s missed the prior one.

Asked how common it was for NBA coaches to offer scouting reports on a traded player, Popovich said, “I don’t know what other people do, but we love Davis and we want him to be successful. Just not as successful as he was against us (with 23 points on 7-of-7 shooting in a 124-122 loss to the Spurs on Oct. 26, a performance he followed up Wednesday by hitting four 3-pointers on his way to 21 points).

“He’s a wonderful, wonderful young man, and he’s paid his dues … and grew and developed, and now he is reaping some rewards from all the work he did. I just wanted to give Scotty everything I could to try to (help) him continue to be successful here. He’s great, great kid, and Scotty isn’t bad, either.”
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by Kammrath - 02-11-2022, 09:26 PM