Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 02:35 PM)cow Wrote: I'm less concerned about his teenage hooping but I do think you have a point about him entering/exiting his prime earlier.  This isn't a fat Luka joke, but he's not a natural athlete nor is he a gym rat.  He carries a lot of weight so thinking he'll have a 15-year career might be a bad expectation, especially if he doesn't develop better eating/workout habits.  

I'm with you on the feeling that the MBT have been unsuccessful at making the team better.  The improvements have come from Luka, JB and some of the role players getting better with a pinch of Carlisle maximizing THJ.  It feels like we've been stuck in the mud for three years and we are at least in this holding pattern for another two-three years.

The KP trade and extensions were swings and misses.  But they were swings many franchises would take.  It's hard to 20/20 those two decisions.

The 2020 draft, however, was a massive failure that set the roster back in an even bigger way IMO.  I say that as a guy who enjoys watching Josh Green and appreciates the work ethic he brings.  

Even if we assume they were dead set on the Curry - Richardson trade, they executed that in the worst way possible.  That deal should have been Curry and #31 for Richardson and #21 as the primary framework.  Armed with #18 and #21 the Mavs either have enough ammo to get to #12 for Haliburton or they sit tight and if they make the right picks have 2 of Bane, Maxey, Bey.

That is a roster altering miss.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by MaxiThreeba - 02-11-2022, 02:55 PM