Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 12:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: See, I agree the 1st makes it a conversation (and maybe a short one). Maybe the 1st should just automatically make that the right choice. I think that is a valid POV. 

But, I'm surprised that you, of all people, don't see where I'm coming from with the point. This trade basically means that Cuban had a way to spend less money on the team, short term, and opted to ADD money next year. In fact, he has already done so by extending DFS. 

This means that they are NOT going for cap space anytime soon, which I know you hate. And, even if they do that in 23'-24', it would have been really easy for him to simply lower payroll in the meantime, rather than give the front office some contracts that can be moved (the old, pre-championship way of building) to try to get better sooner, rather than simply waiting for that summer to get here. THAT's what I've understood to be your main beef with that approach, no? The waiting?
So, my anger is subsiding a bit, I just hate how much push back you guys are putting out there. I wanted KP gone pretty much as much as the majority on him, heck, I almost tried to force another sig bet that KP would be injured if he wasn't traded by the TDL, that's how much I wanted him gone too. This package is a full on turd though. 

I will admit, had the trade come out as the TOR trade, I would have been upset, until I saw the reports that the one other trade they could have made was this one. 

As of today, I put the chances as 50% that SD comes in here and is not happy with being a bench player, but probably doesn't immediately express that upsettedness, it'll just show up in how he plays (similar to THJ) and possibly some good natured ribbing chirps in the lockerroom.

I hate to think this, but because of SD, I really think JB is lost to one of the two teams that are putting out the full court press for his services this offseason (or another team as yet to be unveiled) due to SD's approach to the game. Luka wants the ball in his hands (and thinks it's better in his hands than anyone else), JB wants the ball in his hands (and thinks it's better in his hands than anyone not named Luka), SD wants the ball in his hands (and thinks it's better in his hands than anyone not named Luka...probably). You see the conflict there? 

With Dragic, JB isn't worried one bit...I mean, he's expiring first, then he's fine off ball too. He can work with either of them on the court, or neither of them (hopefully not both of them for much time). If he signs back up in the offseason, it's for a small contract, not a contract JB will demand which puts JB firmly in the drivers seat in terms of team salary hierarchy. If he doesn't sign here, we're looking for someone to fill his spot, but will follow this same hierarchy.

This trade makes an already lowly talented big man spot(s) even less talented with no follow up trade to fit the issue. Maybe the TOR trade doesn't help that out with the salary ballast players either, but here we are, and I don't like it. 

Bertans at his best, is basically a bigger THJ (of the last 2 years). We have THJ on the team already, we want 2 2nd stringers doing almost the exact same thing? That's just weird to me as a "want". I mean, THJ isn't retiring right? If we're going to trade THJ, WHY DO WE WANT HIM BACK IN ANOTHER PLAYERS BODY? (maybe all caps isn't the right choice there, but I'm too lazy to go back and correct it...)

I hope things go well with the players we acquired, but at the time of the trade, this return is an absolute turd and should be treated as such when dealing with the team trying to polish that turd (we should have been operating with a higher degree of leverage with them). Give us at least a 1st in this trade and we can start to debate the validity of this vs that. As it is, we gave the second...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by ItsGoTime - 02-11-2022, 02:16 PM