Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 01:41 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: That was stupid to turn that down, looking at what we actually got.  The truth is that Dallas may not have had the luxury...they may have been weighing options when Toronto went ahead and pulled the trigger...it's possible, but I'm being generous here.

And Dinwiddie and Bertans are not two rotation players...people need to take a step back and get some perspective.  Their glee of getting rid of KP is clouding their judgment.  They talked about Bertans on Windhorst's podcast this morning.  He got injured before the bubble, didn't play in the bubble, signed that big contract and then went home for months to Latvia...he showed up just in time for training camp and was a shell of himself...not the same player, fell out of rotation and has been riding the pine.  An instant buyer's remorse contract is what they called him.

Welcome to Nico Mellie 2.0, but I'm not sure he's as good.  I hope he's better, but I start to giggle every time I read "well, we've got rotation players'...no, you have the hope of one...it was a roll of the dice.

As far as Dragic and Dinwiddie go, it's a fair argument that we are going to be paying the LESSER of those two players for the next 3 years...smh  When we needed a vet that Luka would respect to help him make the next leap in Dragic, we got a guy that all his teammates in Washington couldn't stand and wanted him to leave.  Colossal mistake.

I really hope I'm wrong...I'll gladly eat that crow later, but right now...there is no joy in Mudville.

Dinwiddie also hasn't looked right since his ACL surgery and we are now 13 months removed from that.  That's typically a 9 month injury.

Mellie to Bertans isn't a great comp.  Mellie could do everything but shoot.  Bertans can only shoot.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by cow - 02-11-2022, 01:45 PM