Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-11-2022, 10:26 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Bertans had his best stat season in his first year with Washington.  But I thought I would look at highlights of both Dinwiddie and Bertans with their previous teams.   BTW, the Spurs traded Bertans for DeMarre Carroll.  Any idea why the reason they traded him?

I think these are probably the looks he will get here.   In Washington in the games I saw he took some tough shots.  Hopefully he gets back to the type of shooter he has been in the past.  Ideally maybe an 8-10 per game scorer with good efficiency.

I admit these highlights look good.  Can he still play this way?  Can he fit his game with Luka when on the court with him?  This summer I wanted Derozan to play as a secondary creator when Luka rotates the ball.  Can Dinwiddie do what I hoped Derozan would at a lesser degree?

Thanks for this. I’d personally rather have Dinwiddie than Dragic.  It probably won’t be a popular take, but I see more upside.  I have no idea what Dragic has left, but if SD plays up to his potential, I don’t think our bench will lose leads and may create leads when we are trailing.  It also takes some pressure off of Luka and JB who carry too much pressure as things stand now.  I get that we could have saved a bunch of money letting Dragic expire, but it wouldn’t have created space and we’d still need to fill the slot with someone.  A healthy SD can be a sixth man candidate fairly easily.  Yeah, I’d rather pay the MLE for that, but it isn’t my money.

The question for me in terms of the alleged Toronto option is Bertans vs. Birch for 2 years at lesser dollars and a first in the 20’s.  For the life of his contract, Bertans is probably more valuable (as long as the extra dollars don’t cause Cuban to pinch pennies somewhere else).  Again, I can really see the benefit of Bertans opening things up for the bench unit.  He is going to make it difficult for teams to double the ball if he gets his shot back.  There is a body of work that says he has value.  But, it is easy to succumb to recency bias which says he’s a mutt.
[-] The following 4 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth, Hypermav, VintagePejav2
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by Kammrath - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | WAS - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 02:36 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie to DAL | KP to WAS - by cow - 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM
RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - by DanSchwartzgan - 02-11-2022, 01:28 PM